1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Reed block restrictor

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kris merrill, May 26, 2012.

1. kris merrill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Wr 300 - 1999 Wr 360
    Is was sealing off my reed block to the motor cause it was leaking slightly. And I came apon this. It looks like it is restricting the intake.. I searched and found Wallybean had ground that out on his 360?
    I never remembered this being on all my old 2t's.. Is this what makes it so strong on the bottom? I might check a Honda cr 250 to see if it is like this. If not I'll let you know how it preforms opened up.. Hehe

The pic is of the restrictor pulled out of the reed block and the motor side carb bott next to it.

Well I can't get the pic from my phone. I'll post that in a sec.

Attached Files:

2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's all parts to the V-Force reed. No need to gring it out. Just put it back together and go. The 360 has an old style reed stuffer in it that was late 80's technology. Your reed block is state of the art.
  3. kris merrill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Wr 300 - 1999 Wr 360
    Thanks motorhead. My trx250r and Banshee's were definitely old tech compared to now. I still wish I hadn't sold the 89' 250r. But this bike 11' wr300 definitely brings those looks back.
    Anyways...
    I never thought to check the area of the opening.?.. Doh.
    It calculates out that the opening is still more volume than the carb. Good thing I didn't get the die grinder out. Some times I get ahead of myself. Thanks.