Reed forms his own SX team for 2011

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Wow. That will be interesting. Actually it may make much sense for a variety of reasons.

Much thanks Ray for letting us know. :thumbsup:
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Interesting is right ... sounds cool to have UR own team but who knows ... maybe he could not have gotten a ride any other way ... we don't know how the money flows and who is suppling what but he has X amount of his on the line now ... This might give the guy more incentive to win ...
  4. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is interesting. I find it difficult to keep up with SX/MX. Did Reed ride the '10 Yamaha? How did he do? Maybe he did not like it, or maybe they wanted Stuart to be the only guy? Actually, I cannot even remember which rider is on which brand.

I have a soft spot for the CRF450. Owned an '05 and loved it. Pulled in by the shiny new one every time I step into the Honda dealer.

In my opinion, Chad Reed has always been second/third best. He seems to win when the top guys retire or are out hurt.

JS
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR career seems a little weird the last few yrs as he was run the gambit of teams for 1-2 yrs periods ... He should have been on a a kawi last year but got hurt in the 2-3rd race and sat out the sx season along with js7(Yama)(broke wrist bone) ... RD and RV(KAW) were the 2 heavy weights with RD getting the title after RV broke his leg late in the SX season as he was ~passing RD for the points lead overall .. RD (SUZ) won the SX title as one of the few rookies ever to accomplish this feat ...

CR won the first race I think in the MX season and then RD handed everyone their a$$ for the entire MX season ... a real man among boys showing ... CR faded to a top 10 finisher and then quit after he was diagnosed with some energy sapping virus that we all have but usually do not a problem with ...

IF not for RC and JS7, CR would have dominated SX as CR \ JS did ... But they were there and he never really beat them to win a title ...

U gotta see SX next season ... It is stacked with about 8 riders who can win it and plenty of young and old guys .. Here is a quick run-down on current events ...

0) RV comes back from leg injury ... He watched RD win all laid up with a broke leg ... He was the favorite 2 win the MX season but RD was the man ... RV will B a force I think and my WA homeboy so I'm with him ...

1) cr on red... own team ...

2) js7 coming back after sitting out entire sx season and making a total a$$ of himself trying to qualify for MXdN ... RD handed his a$$ to him and then js quit (in da middle of 2nd moto of 1st race) after saying he would race the 4 final MX races for the fans... He has Johnny O’Mara for his trainer now and RV has js7 former trainer..

3) Trey Carnard will be on a 450.

4) Chris Pourcel on 450 ( I think)

5) Andrew short left red --- He will be riding a 350 pimpkin --- MA still on da 350

6) Roger DeCoster -- left SUZ -- he is pimpkin team manger ...

7) pimpkin has another very young, very fast rider from EU on board (I think) but can't remember his name ... This kid did very well at MXdN 2010...

8) Windham still on red --- He won an overall last year in MX when he replaced an injured rider and RD did not win (once)

9) RD will defend title without DeCoster ... MX / SX and he might can do it again ... His endurance blew everyone away last year, big time ... Except RV till he crashed and was broke... RV speed was actually better in mid season...
  6. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    RD is the man.

Being consistantly fast without turning yourself into a lawn dart is all part of the challenge. :thumbsup:

Of course, he is from MN too... :D
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    7) Thinking your thinking Marvin Musquin MX2 champ
    (the SX lawn dart thing is always an issue, Musquin hurt himself at Bercy SX all ready)

PS TC222 Cairoli will be in US SX for "fun"/"testing the waters" in some early rounds as well
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep ... MM, thats him ... And Cairoli is sticking his toes in SX also ... Not sure how he is gonna fit in .... He was saying he did not like the track on the SX race he did this year already ... too many ruts :)
  9. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for all the info. I might as well ask you when the season starts, so I can keep up this year.

JS
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    January 8 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA

There is at ~8 guys here capable of winning, week in & week out ... there has never been this stocked a 450 class in recent yrs and maybe ever ... Something has gotta give ... expect fireworks for a few races and then it should settle into a real race for the rest of the season and the championship ...
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    hehehe- tootoo.

oh the jokes.....

good on him though. class act. tuff guy too. see him race really banged up and still flog it. hope he scores.
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    He made $7.5 million this year so he must be doing something right . I think he in the top 3 super x for his consistency - he has had illness this year but came out and blew them away in Newcastle
    Its a shame he dumped the Super X though he has new priorities and I think he has lost a few aussie fans after some of the interviews - looks like he is now a yank
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Maybe its hard not to be a yank :) or at least act like one when you spend all the time here as he does and sucks up the yank $ .... I saw one interview with him and he said he was tired of kissing all the suits a$$ that control the riders and the money ...

He is an interesting story line in the sx mix for sure this yr ... He is top ~5 material for sure ... that podium is not gonna be as easy to obtain as it has in the past .. Just a few yrs back it was cr, js, and a third yahoo ... not the case now ...

He'll get the real view of owning a team this year ... could be useful for his future after getting off the bike ...
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Good luck to him anyway and I hope he does well and proves you dont necessarily need a works bike. I think it ill be tough though .
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Update: Apparently, Chris Pourcel does not have a ride yet ... Not sure on the reason why ...