Reflash CD for 2010 250Fs is here!

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ScottyR, May 28, 2010.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got my reflash disc today if anyone wants theirs done ASAP. I do not know the details regarding warranty, so there will be a nominal fee to recoup my $350 costs for the CD.

Let me know if you want yours flashed.

scott@rossrochersales.com
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    cool, that means my dealer should have it soon as well. Nice.

- I kind of find it odd husky is charging dealers for something to fix and issue that should not be there. Dealers are hit hard with this economy and this buy that fix and go the extra mile for your customer and we might at some point months down the road reimburse you is really hard on an important part of the program, the DEALER. IMHO supporting the dealer with update/upgrades, getting parts very readily available and not on back order all the time and really standing behind the dealers is going to be key to future success. Husky already has a well deserved history of not having parts that drive potential customers away. Fixing this alone and supporting the dealers better will for sure increase sales and perception. Sorry about the slight rant, just an observation on how to make this brand better going forward. Like this ECU flash, this should have been sent out to all the dealers 6 months ago for free. Remember, the dealers till need to take the time to inform customers with this bike, schedule a time, have the customer bring in the bike and then the time to flash it and make sure it worked. the dealers seem like they are asked to take a lot of the burden and are getting charged on top of it. Come on husky, enable your dealers to succeed, win/win. :thumbsup:
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Who knows? Mine came DHL'ed straight from Italy. It is the only one in Canada apparently.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Oh, good info. :cheers:

whats the charge to flash? Just send the ECU? how do you verify it works on the bike and is an improvement? Is it for all the new 250F's (TC/TE/TXC?) or just the EFI ones? Sorry about all the questions, we have been waiting almost a year for this.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Good stuff :thumbsup:

To be clear - the hard part is the re-flash which requires a dongle. In addition if the TPS (or anything else) needs adjusting then any appropriate iBeat software & cable can be used.

Scotty: could you let people know about Canadian customs and shipping to/from usa? I assume usps would be best, and 'something' should be written on the customs label to indicate the part will be shipped back in a timely manner, as opposed to sending you something which you would keep. Maybe "evaluation/testing"?

I really do not know what would be best.

I do know that sending things within the usa is much quicker than sending things to Canada. I just want people to have a clue, and not be frustrated.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    USPS is by far the best when shipping from USA to Canada. You can declare it a gift and no value and avoid customs charges. USPS Priority mail says 6-10 days but usually is closer to the 6. I would plan on a 2-3 week turn around sending it to Canada from the USA.
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Hope they refund your $350. The reason for the charge is not obvious. Most customers would assume this is a warranty item of some sort. Maybe not the difference between running and not running, but running right, nevertheless.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I finally got my tool hooked up and did 3 bikes. I does make a BIG difference in all 3. 2 of the bikes were "OK" but 1 was really bad. So bad I wouldnt sell it until it was fixed.

Here is the deal. I will be charging $60 CDN for the reflash and that will include return shipping via Canada Post Express Mail. If you want it UPS'ed or anything like that it will be extra. If anyone sends theirs to me, just use US Mail Express. It is cheap and just as fast as UPS. Please declare it as a warranty return or service and there will be no extra charges.

My email is scott at rossrochersales dot com or 519-393-6660
  9. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Can you expand? More HP? More Torque? or simply more linear curve lines?

Also, once the ECU is reflashed, are the settings back to 100,100, 100 and require another iBeat tuning. Is it a simple as "Reflash, then forget about it!".

Thanks.
  10. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Scott reflashed my 510 a while back.:thumbsup:
    Down time was less than two weeks. Bike runs great.

That's pretty well from one side of Canada to the other.

:cheers:
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

NO MORE BOG. THE BIKE JUST RUNS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO. :cheers:

THE SETTINGS GO BACK TO 100.100.100 AND RUN GOOD THIS WAY.
  12. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

I reflashed and my settings stayed as they were before the reflash process (not @ 100). However, once reflashed, you can really feel that ur settings were high - rich, at list mine were.
  13. mototomer Husqvarna
    A Class

The reason for the 350$ cost is that the reflash tool is a proper tool just like ibeat.
    it's not just for fixing the bog. it can also be used in the future for flashing the ECU when installing a new exhaust system or anything that now requires replacing the complete ECU.
    the maps will be available at the husqvarna website and you just download and reflash.
    by the way, there is a special USB plug that comes with the software for copyright reasons i guess.
  14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    OK, so when we plug in iBeat to an ECU that has been reflashed, how can you tell? Does it give a version #, etc?
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The new map has an "A" in the number.

I did another guys today and he called back very happy.
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    That clears it up. It isn't a one off fix item.
  17. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any word yet if this will be a "fix" that will be covered under the warrentee?
  18. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wouldn't wait! I would just send your ECU up to ScottyR for the Reflash and be done with it. It's not like a bike money maker for the guy. He just wants to recoup the money he had to shell out for the thing.

19. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Does anybody in the states have this reflash tool?
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Taskys Metric Cycle (Everett WA) ether has one or will by today I believe. Ordered and shipped. Just waiting for the call to do mine. Not sure if there is a charge or not.