Reflash software

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Tony2k, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Tony2k Husqvarna
    B Class

Anybody know something about the software for the upgrade of the map? Can it read firmware before flash new one? It work with the same Ibaet cable?
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Hi Tony,

The reflash software is currently for 2008 models and it upgrades those bikes that need it to the later map. It will only work if your bike needs the upgrade, if you already have the later map the software will tell you no upgrade is necessary.

It does use the standard ibeat cable and if you view the software ID of your bike in Ibeat you can see if the upgrade is needed. The software ID code once upgraded will have an A at the end, if your code does not end in A then you need to reflash the ECU.

Dave
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I guess this can't be done with the ECU out of the bike?
  4. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    As long as you have a bike to plug the ECU into, you can do it. It doesn't have to be the same model. For example the ECU on the 610 is easy to access under the seat, so where customers have posted us their ECUs I normally use a 610 and just plug the 250/450/510 ECUs into the 610 loom and upgrade them on the 610. The upgrade works fine and in most cases doesn't seem to need Ibeat set up afterwards either.

Dave
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's great. Thanks.
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I read an Australia mag. article on a 09 TE 510 and it said they felt it did not have the power the 08 had. I wonder if they rode an early or late 08? Is it just the late 08 firmware that is better then the 09?
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    What would happen if the bike is running super super rich and the throttle opened abruptly? Assuming no AP feature.

The bike becomes much leaner for a moment, and gets a burst of power. At least that has been my theory for a while now.

There was a 2008 TE250 early vin that my PC V & Auto Tune was put on, simply outstanding improvements everywhere.

I believe perception that the 2008s had more power than the 2009 is simply that, perception - or the setup is not quite right.
  8. meeh Husqvarna
    A Class

I'd like to know how that software works. Where it gets the version number from, etc. Is it in a text / config file that you can modify? Is it hardcoded in the software / executables themselves?

I want to reflash my 08 ECU to an 09. The 09 SM510R map ran much better in my bike (late 08 SM510R). It already showed it at idle. With the 09 ECU no more advancing / retarding the ignition all the time. It sounds a lot cleaner / smoother and the seatdyno tells me it pulls a lot harder as well.
  9. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The version number is hardcoded into the software. There's nothing you can do to amend the software / remap the bike without the mapping being provided by Mikuni direct.

Also you can't remap an 08 ECU to 09 spec. My understanding is that the 09 ECU is different internally and the 08 ECU doesn't have all the features (such as long term adaption table) that the 09 box does. I have asked Husqvarna directly for this capability and the answer was 'not possible'.

Dave
  10. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I'd suggest the 09 bike delivers it's power more progressively and as a result doesn't feel as hard hitting. The 09 is an evolution of the 08 system and the mapping has more development.

Dave
  11. meeh Husqvarna
    A Class

That's their default answer ;) I've had my dealer ask them as well. They also said that an 09 ECU wouldn't work in an 08 bike. Turns out it does so I don't really take their word for it. I think the hardware for both ECU's is identical.

When my dealer asked them to reflash an ECU for Gerald Delepine (rode a Husky my dealer prepped for the Belgian Darkdog tour) they were able to do it (although that was an 09 to an 09 flash with some changes for mods, 530cc cylinder, SMRR cams and exhaust).
  12. Tony2k Husqvarna
    B Class

It's possible, I have a 08 510 and my ecu was upgraded to 09 directly from Husqvarna.
  13. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    An 09 ECU will work on an 08 bike but the 08 instruments (dashboard) are not compatible so you get the flashing neutral light all the time. If you can live with this or are not using the standard 08 dash then there is no problem.

Dave
  14. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Tony

I'd be interested to know what software version is installed in your 08 ECU - do you have access to Ibeat software to check this? There was an upgrade for 08 bikes to improve the fueling but this is not the same as 09 mapping.

Dave
  15. meeh Husqvarna
    A Class

I took my dash off and fitted a simplified wiring loom. Saves some weight. If I've got time to look at a dash on the track I'm not going fast enough :D
  16. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We have an 08 TE 250 and a 08 TE 510. The 510 ECU's has the A but the 250 does not. I have iBeat V2 so I have the cable needed. Where can I get the ECU upgrade file/software to flash the 250 myself?
  17. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The reflash tool consists of the software on CD plus a USB security key - without the USB key you can't use the CD so you'll need the complete kit plus your Ibeat cable. Or send the ECU to a dealer? It can be done off bike as long as they have an EFI bike to plug your ECU in to.

Dave
  18. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Very true! But the max speed feature is fun to look at at the end of a session. Too bad Husky hasn't added a lap timer feature like the Ducati's have.
  19. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I want to give a thanks to Husky Sport. The info in this thread helped me see that the TE 250 needs the upgrade. I called a dealer and I am currently working on making it happen.
  20. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 08 te610, is this something I should look into?