1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Rekluse and a 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by roostafish, Dec 5, 2009.

1. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    Has anyone ever heard of a Rekluse clutch being used in a 125? I wonder how it performs.
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    No Rekluse does not make one for the 125 ...yet. But everyone I know that wants the auto clutch system runs the EFM.

I'm sure Norm and a couple of others will chime in and give you a report on theirs.

EFM or Rekluse Auto Clutch for 125?

EFM

:cheers:
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    No Rekluse for the 125. Myself and a growing number of Husky 125/144 riders use the EFM clutch. Joe Chod was the man who got the ball rolling with his '04 CR125. I got that clutch for my '02 WR125 when Joe sold that bike. It's on my '09 WR125 now. He got Gary at EFM to do another for his '07 WR125/144. Bill502 has one, Wallybean too and a few more. When Joe first got one, I was a doubter.... but after Joe had a very successful NETRA enduro season, I was sold!

You'll need to send your clutch basket for machining. Husky isn't on Dirt Bike list, but it's availible.

http://www.efmautoclutch.com/
  4. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

Fury1 was kind enough to let me ride joes 144 at a turkey run. After a bit I was thinking If I dig my 144 I'm definitely going to have to give one of these some thought. interesting piece of equipement.
  5. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    EFM Clutch

How does the EFM clutch compare to the Rekluse? Can you use the lever still? Is it like the cheapo Rekluse, or the High zoot EXP? Curious minds want to know.
  6. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any of you running the LHRB?
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am running the lhrb and can't imagine not having it. Every time I ride a bike without it I hate the lack of feel when using the pedal. The EFM is just like the rekluse pro in that you have complete use of the clutch at all rpms. I use the two finger lever offered by Rekluse and it is actually worth the money to just buy their kit for the LHRB/two finger clutch. One bonus of using the efm is that you can still use a hydraulic clutch if you want although that rules out the LHRB.

One of the great things about the Motoz tires is the substantial increase in rear braking force(tracula/terrapactor only tires I have experienced) and if you get frisky with the pedal it will actually send you over the bars where other tires just slide. The LHRB makes it possible to take advantage of this incredible grip fully.

Walt
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice :thumbsup: Try the Enduro S/T's next, amazing tires.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

It will take me 2 years to wear out the ones I have.:cheers: So far this trip I have almost 100 miles of rocky desert terain on my Terapactor and it has barely worn the edges off. I really didn't expect it to wear this well considering the light weight, open knob design, and the serious amount of grip.

Walt
  10. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I am and will never switch back! I love it!
  11. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm keeping my '08 cr125!I thought I might give something else a try where I could fit a rekluse to...for longer rides my wrist just does'nt hold up.So the thought of a efm and 144 kit maybe just the ticket...sure cheaper than a new ride...what's the estimated cost for the efm mod?
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You will have $650 in the EFM by the time you get it shipped. Still worth every last cent. I just spent 200+ miles beating the crap out of my WR 144 in desert like riding and the EFM worked flawlessly. Starts and idles and never stalls no matter what. The 144 makes the bike run so well everywhere. I haven't had this much fun riding since I was a kid. I did a trials run up one particular wash, lots of 4-6' walls and 2' steps with lots of "rocks" inbetween. On either my WR 360 or my old WR 250 it would have been hell but I was giggling how much fun it was on the 144 with the EFM. It shouldn't be that way but it is so light and the great running 144 matched to the EFM made it easy. I am a slow, talentless rider and for me to have fun in this stuff was eye opening.

Walt
  13. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

O.k...clutch on its way to efm,ordering factory 144 kit soon.Looking at the end of Jan/2010 to have it ready to go...