1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Rekluse install problem

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kris merrill, Mar 27, 2012.

1. kris merrill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Wr 300 - 1999 Wr 360
    Im installing a z-start pro on my 11 wr 300 and with the thrust washer on the center clutch still contacts the basket and does not spin freely? Would it be ok to shim until it clears? The bike only has about 10 hrs is all at this point, so the washer and basket are in good condition. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the help
  2. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure how you did the install, but I found the instructions lacked a step to include the "return spring carrier" without the washer, then the C150 spring over the Spring Carrier. The rest of the install was fine and the clutch has worked great on the few rides I have taken with it thus far.

Hope this helps.
  3. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    If I remember correctly the WR250/300 had a seperate message on the instruction sheet to leave a certian part off when installing the throw out/thrust bearing parts. Can't recall which part. I'm at work right now so I don't have the instructions handy. Do recall reading this message?
  4. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    We had the same problem same bike ,after hours of research and rekluse sending a new inner hub ,still had the same problem.We found a .020in. shim and placed it between the basket and hub and it worked perfect.they seem to think its a clearance thing on the husqvarna side,but I think husky changed some small thing on 2011/12 on only that needs a shim now or .020 more meat on the basket.billf
  5. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    i put a z-start pro on my 11 wr300 and never had one issue, man its awesome !!!
  6. 080 Guest

Installed one on my 11' and had to use both the 48 and 65 spacer plates to get the gap right.
  7. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

My mechanic, Evan Yarnall at Solid Performance, did have to machine something to make it work. Rekluse told him some Huskys had a different spec in there. Italian manufacturing is a colorful sometimes.