REKLUSE LHRB on Older CR125's (external brake fluid resevoir)

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Kevin_TE250, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Has anyone gotten this to work ? I've got the LHRB on my TE 250 but the rear brake master is a one piece unit and you put another banjo bolt on it with your resevoir on the handlebars..

The 2004 I just picked up has the resevoir under the seat.. I don't know how that would work witht banjo bolt and another resevoir on the bars...

bottom line has anyone ever done it ?
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kevin,

I converted both my WR250 and WR 360 to the lhrb and retained the foot pedal. You will have to eliminate the reservoir and then you have to tap the lower master cylinder to 3/8" pipe thread where the reservoir inlet is. You can then put in a a 3/8" by 1/4" street ell and tap the 1/4" end to the same thread as the banjo bolt which is where you tap in with the brake line from your upper lever master cylinder. The only real complication of this set up is there is not enough thread area where you tap the lower Master cylinder to provide a seal so you have to use an o-ring for the fitting to bottom against. I used stainless steel fittings which provide nice sealing surfaces for the banjo bolt washers. I will have my WR 250 that I am delivering to Seattle with me and you can look at how I did it. I also currently have the lower master cylinder off my 360 so I will bring it along to show you how and where to tap it. It will be far easier to do this on the 125 because the 250/360 both have right hand drive so fitting all this into a tight space where you also are running the chain was a trick.

Walt
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Wally.. I will have my camera ready..

Just got done looking at it again.. It's pretty simple 1 banjo bolt out of the top to the caliper.. where as my te has 2 banjo bolts one existin to the Caliper and the new one ontop of the old resevoir..

So you say run the brake fitting from the handlbars to the lower input where the resevoir is ? or can you put 2 banjo bolts on top of one another ?

I'm still a ways away as far as money is for this.. the EFM would come first.. Just getting ideas..
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If you just run it into the other banjo bolt it will bleed the pressure into whichever master reservoir you are not using. Even if they hold pressure you are compressing gas at some point and you will end up with a very mushy feel if it works at all.

Walt
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Your right Walt.. pretty stupid on my part knew it probably wouldn't work. I got the bright idea to see if my TE 250 Brembo would work.. turns out it wont bolt up easily.. but a guy could fab somthing I'm sure... Thinking about findin an extra master cylinder on Flea Bay.. would one from a KTM 125 work ?
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have two extra's that fit right in and you can just take them to any machine shop and they can do the work in about 5 minutes. I will bring them along so you can see what I am talking about. They are both new items I snagged on flea bay for a song.

Walt
  7. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Walt .. do you take checks ?? :D
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You can just slip me something when she who must be obeyed gives you permission to dress up your newest blue and yellow child. :lol:

Walt
  9. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:lol:
    I can get my hands on the check book... Christ I'm starting to add it up in my head.. these dirtbikes can be expensive :doh: