1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Rekluse or Lectron....?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by inklax2, Jan 24, 2013.

1. inklax2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150
    So I have a few hundred bucks to spend on my 11' WR150 and I thought for sure I was going to spend it on a rekluse but with all these awesome reviews no I am torn Help me spend my money wisely!!! Thanks, Nick
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If it runs good as is spend it on suspension. Best money spent IMHO. If that is good a rekluse might be cool. I did not like them on my 125, just zapped the low end power to much for me and like the clutch control ont he smaller bikes without it. the Lectron will give you worry free performance and great consistent running. If you need that the Lectron is a good purchase. My random thoughts on the subject.
  3. inklax2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150
    Thank you very much for the input. My suspension is pretty darn close stock somehow. I've seen mixed opinions on the rekluse for the 125's so maybe the Lectron is the way to go.
  4. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Thirty hours on my Rekluse without any issue. Zip. If it took any bottom end away, I'm not missing it. Like you, I've got the 144 kit on it. When I put the APT carb on my bike, look out world. Either product is a great performance boost in my opinion. I'd lean toward the carb, you won't believe it. With me, I forget about the Rekluse. The carb, I just keep thinking "wow". More bang for the buck mentally!
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah I also have the Rekluse and SC on my 165 and if I had to choose I'd go with the Lectron over the Rekluse. I also don't feel a power loss with the Rekluse but never tried it on a bike smaller than my 165. I really like the Rekluse but love the SC.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    By power loss I mean the slight slipping that occurs right off idle when it is engaging. I am a long time user of the Rekluse and like them just not on the 125/144/165 for me.
  7. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    What is there to debate? I say, BOTH! :lol:

I like both on my CR125. Anyways, if you're worried about how much to spend, let Visa worry about that for you. That's what its there for! Its the American Way! :busted:

If I was starting over from scratch on a new 125, I'd do suspension, carb, rekluse, in that order. You can live without a rekluse. You can live a little better with a carb. And live best with good suspenders. For my riding, I like not having to clutch on step uphills and sharp switchbacks. But I like not fiddgeting with carb jets every ride more, and the nice power delivery of a Lectron carb is really enjoyable. But the different springs and setting the sag per Vinduro's guide (in this forum) made the bike a pure pleasure.

In any case, you'd be happy with either. But with the likes/dislikes for a Rekluse based on riding styles, perhaps the seemingly universal positive reviews of a metering rod carb means that is the better bet.
    flyingbob likes this.
  8. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    I have a Rekuse on my WR144, but I don't think the bike needs it. I would begin saving more money and go all in on suspension.
    steadydirt likes this.
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I HATE RECLUSE. You lose clutch control. These bikes don't need a lot of clutch abuse. BUT, They do need a good carb. The stock TMXx Mikuni needs replacing. If you have a good running Keihin then you need it less but the Lectron will run better than both.
    jmetteer likes this.
  10. inklax2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150
    Well looks like Kelly has some more of my money coming his way! Thank you guys. Nick
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    hey I tried to talk you out of it :D
  12. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    You abviously have not used one,You do not lose clutch control. If I owned a 125 I would not want one on it though.
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

WRONG, I tried two. Could not stand them. Unreliable too. Made me feel like I had to ride the bike harder than normal. I had them on a 525 and 530 KTM. Waste of my money at least. If I had a problem that I couldn't use the clutch lever properly then I would want one too. I even tried tunsten balls to make it engage firmer. I couldn't get the clutch to last an entire event. Even after careful adjustment and several changes.
  14. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Slightly of topic, whats your experience on suspension? (apologises if you've no knowledge on what works and what doesn't I just thought id' ask your opionion). I've got a 2009 wr125 and race cross country/enduro's. I quite like the zocchi 50mm open chamber forks, but the rear Sach shock is not so good, i'm losing rebound damping and keep dialing it in (slowing it down) every ride. Do you run stock suspension? I've changed the spring to 4.5nm fronts and 55nm rear. I had 4.0nm in the front and this made the bike tuck in corners, the 4.5nm was a guess and seems to have solved this problem. The rear was a 5.0nm and the newer spring holds the rear end of the bike up better. i'm 200lbs clothed and have the 165 kit (thanks Kelly/Walt). Coming back on topic i do like the sound of the Lectron my standard tmx has been a pain to set up, its working a lot better now if changed the jetting. I have looked at Rekluse, the only benefit i would use it for is to help stop stalling the bike.However i'm riding into corners with the throttle open keeping the bike in the meat of the power to exit corners, i cant see why i'd buy it, but if i trail rode then maybe yes.
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As for the suspension, I weigh about what you do. I use. 4.0kg springs with enough preload to give me the correct 75mm rider sag. (you want 39-42mm static sag). Rear shock I run a 6kg spring. With 103mm rider sag. and 33-34mm static. I think your main problem is that you haven't enough spring in rear to give you the correct rider & static sag numbers. Stock spring on the 50mm Marzocchi is 4.2kg. Run 110mm oil level.
    Hall's Cycles does my shock and fork Valving. I ask for about 20% less compression damping.
  16. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    the only reason I might consider a auto clutch would be to get the clutch handle location free in order to put to put a rear brake handle in place of it.

then again I could not see that quickly happen (probably on a super motar it would be a quick decision).

the clutch on my 125 is a 1 finger operation routine if I want to and a lot of times (just shifting up through the gears) i don't even actuated it.

go with the lectron I would say.

Robert-Jan
  17. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had to double read your post just because of those front springs you use. I understand the preload spacer and sag idea, but what i'm confused with is it would appear you rely more on the valving then springs for the compression/rebound action of the fork? The rear shock your visa versa if im understanding you correctly? Having been a former KTM owner according to the owners manual i was looking at a set of 4.6kg front springs and this is the principle i've used when respringing Husky. Did you increase the length of the preload spacer on the 4.0kg fork spring to reach that sag measurement?
  18. inklax2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150
    Lectron ordered, thanks everybody!
  19. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

well done
  20. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!