1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Rekluse Pro in my 2 stroke....love it

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by SightedN2, Aug 5, 2008.

1. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

got my Rekluse Pro this morning, put it in....easy installation....got the clutch cable adjusted, went and rode it....It really works great, like others I have had in KTMs....I kind of like auto clutches better in 2 strokes, I am going to change my springs tomorrow to try a different engagement.....seems a little soft right now...but maybe I should leave well enough alone.....

I know I wasn't alone in this request but I had e-mailed Rekluse at least 3-4 time the last 2 years asking for this unit for 2 strokes.....I know if it didn't also fit new TE 450 and 510s it wouldn't have been made still, but they did do the R&D to get it in the WR....don't let some of the application charts fool you....it should fit 99-08 and probably 09 CR/WR 250-360s.....
    mine is in my.... 02CR
  2. Yanni23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I run the Rekluse Pro in my '06 WR250 and dollar/dollar it's the best money I've ever spent. I set it up per TE510 specs...low rpm stall. It works so awesome and LOVE it on the 2strokes. I will never own another bike, 2T or 4T without one.

Of course, I'll never own another 4T so that about wraps that up. :)
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We (Motosportz) did the R&D for Rekluse on that one. They designed it and sent me one, we installed it and worked on push rod length, spring settings and other issues and once dialed that's what they are using. We have been working with rekluse for years.

My buddies 07 WR250 we used for the R&D works awesome. I agree, the 2st EZ shifting and quick hitting power works well for the rekluse.
  4. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly....I didn't mean to slight you in my original post....if you remeber way back then I had PMd to you about it and I knew you were the real R&D guy with your friends WR....BTW you did a GREAT job, I still ride my old Reklused CR more than any bike I own.....need to move some Orange out and get a newer smoker with maybe 50 more cc...but probaly will see what 2010 has in store.
  5. notagix Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just installed a Rekluse z-start pro in my 06 wr250. It was easy enough following the instructions step by step, then came the ride......SLIPPAGE I had backed the clutch cable right off so I figured it would be ok, took it apart, put 3 more TC balls in place thinking it wasn't engaging properly.....slippage again.....but noticed no clutch free play at high rpm....DOH!!! Took it apart agian and had to adjust the throwout rod, put it back together....YEE HAAA! perfect.I was beginning to think I had a $700 paper weight, anyhoo, in the tightest, roughest, rockiest crap is where this thing really shines. I'm using the C200L4 & C150L2 springs with 24 steel and 3 TC balls, works great but might try the C200L5 spring for a higher engagement rpm.....can anyone else tell me what setup they are running?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We found the pushrods on the WR250 are all over the place length wise. :excuseme:
  7. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

notagix.....your post looks familiar : ) maybe Huskytalk.....
    Is your rekluse still doing alright? I thought I would never get enough freeplay in my cable.
    Kelly(motosportz) was the one who told me to try the 3 tugnsten balls.
  8. notagix Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes, same post in huskytalk, the rekluse is awsome! I have tried the C200L5 spring with the 27 steel balls, this is the way I left it for now, it only engages a little higher rpm and very smooth engagement, I ride alot of tight single track and this seems to work good for me. I found 1st gear a little too high even with a 52T rear sprocket, lots of clutching, now I have gone to a 50T and the clutch takes care of everything in the tight stuff! :thumbsup:
  9. audi25 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi guys , what is the best push rod lenght we should use on the wr250 ? Look like I do not have the freeplay at 4500 rpm too :( (sorry for the old post)
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You either love them or hate them. There is nothing in between.
  11. audi25 Husqvarna
    C Class

Sorry for my bad english but what is that mean ?
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You either love the auto clutch or you hate it. No fence sitters.
  13. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm a lover...the Pro is miles ahead of the old Z Clutch....Pro has real clutch feel at the lever
  14. audi25 Husqvarna
    C Class

I found my pushrod problem this afternoon ( not was too ''offside'' ) now its perfect and look awsome !! :)
  15. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I'm a fence sitter. I like my Z-Start Pro on my 500 but can't see running one on my 125.
  16. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like the Pro and tested a new one in my WR250 at our up coming HS track we're setting up on a ski mountain. The clutch slipped a bit, so today I adjusted the throw out rod 1/2 turn out and VOILA! Now it has instant engagement which I wanted. These clutches work great especially in nasty single track and save energy big time as the stock Husky clutch pull is a bit tough and needs constant adjustment. No more stalling now.
  17. audi25 Husqvarna
    C Class

18. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn that is way more than I went but I put in new Honda friction plates which grab like crazy, used them in my YZ250F as well. Try em, they are awesome. The counter kid at the Honda shop was blown away when I bought the friction plates for the Husky, as was the owner. LOL.
  19. audi25 Husqvarna
    C Class

Wich model it is ? for a wr 250 ?
  20. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, 05 CRF450 friction plates work great in my 09 WR250.