1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc removing brake light.... can i just cut the wires? wr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chris Sykes, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Hi, ive recently stripped my bike down, and had to cut the wires going to the back brake light because the bolts were seized so couldnt remove the rear light.

Im planning on getting another rear light in the future and would wire it back up.

My question is, is it ok to just leave the wires taped up?
    There is a red, yellow and black wire...

Just tried starting my bike up for the first time in a while and ive lost my spark.
    I think i fouled the plug on my last run out but just want to check that its not me cutting the back light wires thats causing it?
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Can't you look backwards along the wire to where the plugs are? Mine (WR300) are located under the seat along the subframe behind the air box. You should really tape them off individually at a bare minimum.
  3. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Well i wanted to run a rear light when i buy a new one so its just taped up at the moment.
    None of the wires need to be grounded do they?

Im just getting no spark anymore but i think its probably fouled so have another on order.

Cheers
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Tape up each wire individually. Best thing is to unplug them. I hope you haven't shorted them and ruined your ignition.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think the stator lighting coils have anything to do with the ignition. I don't think they are connected at all.

The regulator just grounds the stator to regulate the voltage anyway.

Make sure your coil connections are clean and tight.

Put in a new plug and check for a blue spark.

My WR had a semi-grounding kill button that was killing my low RPM spark once.
  6. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Thanks for the advice, would shorting the wires ruin my ignition?

Im really crap with electrics to be honest so bare with me while i keep asking stupid questions....

What do you mean by a semi grounding kill button? Your killswitch would sometimes ground without you even pushing it at low rpm?

Hopefully the new plug has arrived at my house by the time i get back from work.
    The thing is i have 2 old spark plugs that i fouled previously, but they would still spark ok held against the exhaust, it was just under compression they seemed naff.

Now theres no spark at all even held against the exhaust, i guess ill have to wait for teh new plug to turn up and see if that cures it, if not ill be back!

Thanks!
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think they are both seperate circuits. One should not have anything to do with the other. It is almost always the plug on a 2 stroke.

I've run my bikes with the regualtor disconnected and also once with a shorted regulator and it never affected the Ign.

Yes, I had a kill switch that was grounding slightly without even touching it.

I replaced everthing I could think of and when I pulled the kill switch off the spark went from pink to blue and the bike fired right up.

The WR's have a rather weak IGN I think and any bad connection will affect the spark.
  8. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Cheers mate much appreciated.

I will update when the new plug arrives, hopefully ill have her fired up in no time :)
  9. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Plug arrived last night. Still no spark!
    Took the fairings off and discovered that the connection on the coil had come loose, probably when i was removing the tank before i think.

All back together now and she fired up straight away, just needs a little run in so should be back out very soon :)