Rent a bike in NJ or FL?

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Soderberg, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Im soon 46, from Sweden and drive a 2014 TE 310 at home. I compete for fun and see myself as a little better than average. I have my younger brother in NJ and I have had in mind of getting together with an enduro club of some kind when I visit him. I go there once a year and wonder if its possible to rent a bike? I dont care if its from a private person or a store. Dont care about the brand eighter but prefer Husky ofcourse :).

Also have the same thoughts in the area of Orlando, as I go there now and then. In the area means from east to west coast seen from Orlando.
    Ola Soderberg/Skelleftea/Sweden
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good luck and it may not be so easy to rent in America... In 50 yrs of living there, never saw too many bike rentals ... Insurance \ theft \ overhead costs all might make this type business too big a PITA ...

That club route might be a good way to get a bike from a private owner..
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm really lucky to have a local dealer that rents all the 4 stroke Husky's. Doesn't help you out though...I knew I loved the bikes when I saw them but now I'm obsessed lol
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  5. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Wow very cool! Is the dealer in the Springs area or??? I have an Uncle in Florissant and I visit in June every year. Might be nice to not haul a bike all the way out and rent one instead.
  6. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the tips. Looks easy so solve as long as I go to Colorado :cheers:. Will check the link you mention. Did a quick check but only found Harleys. I might find other bikes if I give it some time.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Eagle rider only rents street bikes. A Vstrom will be the most dual sport you will find at least from my past experience.
  8. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
  9. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    Who would that dealer be please?
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Big D Motorsports in Woodland Park, CO.

They are the offroad models though (I should have mentioned that). TXC 250/310+ TC449. The trails within 10 minutes are amazing :)
  11. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

I live in northern N.J. I belong to Ridge Riders M/C let me know your sceduel and if there is a meeting when you will be here you are welcome to attend. Give me a call at my business 908 637 6385.
  12. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice, my brother lives in W Caldwell. Cant be that far from you. Next time Ill visit is at the end of April til 7th of May. Will go there with a friend though. Will watch supercross at Met life stadium, perhaps a Rangers game if they are still fighting for the Stanley cup and a baseball game as my brother says its something everyone has to do. He knows as little about baseball as I do, but he means that we can always drink beer and eat hotdogs :thumbsup:. Ill contact you next year.
    Ola
  13. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    Thanks.
    I haul my 08 TE610 to Ft Collins every summer to ride with my brother.

I've been thinking about acquiring a 310 also.......and renting seems to be a great way for a hands-on review.
    LandofMotards and reveille like this.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Without a doubt, you'll love it. They just started renting out a red head 310. It's amazing how much better the motor is than the black heads.
  15. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I rode a 2014 TXC310r that Halls had at a demo ride at an offroad riding park and I disagree with your statement. My 2012 runs every bit as good if not better than the r model. I was all set to buy an R until I spent 45 minutes riding one and afterwards felt very very happy with my current setup. To each his own I guess.