1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Repacking an FMF TC2, some help pls

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by edmoto, Oct 20, 2012.

1. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    I can't seem figure out a way to slide the outer canister off the core on this silencer. Everything I've read or viewed on Boobtube shows folks tapping away at a mounting tab. But these pics show that the silencer I have is completely smooth. I tried tapping it off with a punch drift on the very edge but it became clear that would only mark up the canister. Any suggestions? Thanks,

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    They can be very tight, especially if they're gummed up with a little spooge. Try using a piece of hard wood so you don't damage it. It will come off.
  3. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've tried sticking my finger inside the exhaust side and hooking the insides and pulling while grabbing the exhaust pipe and yanking the other way... no go, except for the oiled up finger. The FMF website helps a little, but it points out that simply knocking on a mounting tab would do the trick. But no tab on this canister.

So you're saying take a bit of wood and tap it with a hammer against the very narrow 1/8 inch thickness of the canister, Zomby woof? Wow. Sounds sufficiently frustrating to encourage me to start drinking. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the input :thumbsup:
  4. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Put a little heat to it. I just did that on my stock Husky and it came right apart.
  5. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    agree with a little heat... also try a good rubber mallet. i use one to tap that thin outer edge. you can smack it pretty good without causing damage. should start to break free.
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Get a bigger hammer!
    Its also a good idea to replace the endcap rivets with buttonhead screws as the rivets will loosen over time and cause damage
    typeone likes this.
  7. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    If cussing could be measured in degrees fahrenheit, it'd have been set ablaze by now. What a be-ot-ch! I put the original MX silencer on for now to ride today, so I'm gunna come back to this sucker after work on Monday. You know, when I'm ticked off at having to work for a living versus riding. Then I'll be in the right frame of mind to whack the CR-ap out of that thing, after torching it! "10 minutes to repack" says a FAQ I've read... yeah, and bikes have left side kickstarts! Oh wait, they do...
  8. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Exactly. Clamp one end in a vise or to the bench, and hit the other one with a piece of hard wood and a hammer, alternating side to side. Agreed, a little heat would probably make it a lot easier. I've fought with them before, It can be frustrating.
  9. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Use a propane torch to heat it up a bit. Dried two stroke spooge glues things together pretty well.