Replacement 30mm fuel pump now available

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ray_ray, Apr 2, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Very Nice- SweeT:worthy:

CaCycleworks are they ones that had the Dukati pumps-OldHuskyrider used.

Thanks fro posting it:cheers::cheers: ray_ray
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Bearorso found the holy grail, a 30mm replacement for the Husky fuel pump, I'm glad I kept my holster stock, when my 38mm Ducati pump gives out, I will get this one! Thanks Bearorso, we've been looking for this ....I reviewed the pics of my old fuel pump, the part number IS 1100-00072.

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fuel-pump-for-fuel-injected-husqvarna-4-strokes

"Replacement pump for all fuel injected Husqvarna 4 strokes 250, 310, 450, 510, 610 from 2008-up. Exact fit replacement for the OE fuel pump showing part number 1100-00072. This replaces the break-prone stock fuel pump that is not available for purchase separately from Husqvarna. "
    [IMG]

Thats better but not great, some one posted fuel pumps for 7$ from the manufacturer on a fuel pump thread, pretty big mark up.

I found the $7 pumps direct from the Chinese manufacturer on AliBaba, $7 for a pallet of 500 or more. Ain't capitalism great......

Err..500, I've got one Husky. Spares are good but.... That's an excellent find though [IMG], hope someone in the UK switches onto this or may enquire direct if the need arises.

Probably the Chinese labeled unit above that ca-cycle is going to sell us, unfortunately.

The original pump on the Husky is made in China as well, mine is at least.
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Yep, CaCycleWorks might have seen us looking around for this 30mm pump, and they ordered one up from the Chinese supplier for $7 apiece, sell 'em for $129, good living. This is the holy grail, for more than just us Husky guys too. 30mm pump body means it will fit right into the holster. This pump will also work on the Aprilia RX, SX 4.5, 5.5 bikes, it MAY work on the Yamaha WR50R, I've been told the Yammie uses a 30mm pump, and of course, any FI bike that uses the tiny, 30mm fuel pump.

[IMG]
  5. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

That's really good news. But I'd research the unit specs and buy solo if possible.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Just try to have a conversation in the states without bringing china into it ... It's very hard to do these days ...
  7. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hear that. Been same here for years, it used to mean cheap labour and cheap parts but not much of that gets passed on to the consumer these days. At least on the plus side their standards are rising somewhat.
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
  9. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. HuskyGT Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 250 2008
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CT 70
  11. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    The dimensions listed, if they are correct, say that this is a 38mm pump. It will not fit in the plastic holster. The stock Husky fuel pump size is 30mm. I do not recognize the picture of the fuel pump assembly that he is using on the advert. The pump you found is actually a car pump and can be purchased at auto stores for as low as $50USD. I would not spend money on this pump listed on ebay.

Dimensions:
    Overall Length (tip to tip): 4 1/2" (11.5cm)
    Length of Pump Body Metal Case: 2 5/8" (6.6cm)
    Pump Body Diameter: 1 1/2" (3.8cm)
    [IMG]
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Reflexrider likes this.
  13. HuskyGT Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 250 2008
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CT 70
    that right i thing adapting and cutting the base for the people who dont have much money?
  14. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    The CA Cycle Works unit comes shrink wrapped in heave gauge plastic, and comes with a new clamp, pre-filter and hose. It looks like a quality item, and is silk-screened with their name. It is made in China. I carry one on long off-road rides in my tool bag.

Another option is to buy the Aprilla assembly. I think I payed $230 for the one I bought, and it was plug-and play with the exception of the low-fuel sender. It's longer than the Husky version, but I think it could be bent to work exactly like the original. I used the one off of my old pump, and the Aprilla sender is on the shelf awaiting modification so it can be used in the husky tank. If anybody needs the Aprilla part number, speak up.
  15. dumas Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Speed Triple, '06 DRZ
  16. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    There is not a raised barb on the end of the outlet nipple, and this pump puts out 50psi, and the pressure regulator only shunts off enough to leave 45psi, so you should really tighten your hose clamp pretty tight. I was thinking if I used a pump with no barb, I'd get a graduated hole punch, heat it up and stick it in the nipple and force a flare at the end, making it look like a barb.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm actually thinking of buying a EFI bike ... a TC250 with EFI ...
    --

Is this all the fuel pumps options that are available now other than the OEM route? If I buy the bike, I'll go ahead ahead and get a spare pump for sure ...
  18. Husky Doctor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510 '09 TC250 '04 TC450SM '06
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX9R
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  20. Husky Doctor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle: