resetting computer/efi

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by kjclark7, Jul 1, 2012.

1. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    will leaving the battery disconnected for a period of time reset the efi/computer like it does on vehicles and other bike?
  2. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Disconnecting the main battery does not affect my 2011 TE310's ECU.

However, the bike won't run without the battery connected.
  3. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    yeah mine won't run either :lol:
  4. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    It should not.

Most ECU's use "EPROM" (electronically Programable Read Only Memory) type memory chips which do not need an
    "internal" small battery to retain data..........like laptop/desktop computers do.
  5. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Many brands and models have the ability to "reset" the ECM. Usually it is included in the diagnostic software for that brand. While it is included on Honda HDS tool/software, my regional service rep told me that completely disconnecting the battery, then shorting the neg battery cable to the positive battery cable, will accomplish the same thing. Maybe it's the same with your (unspecified) bike? It is critical that the + cable (both to avoid an accident) be disconnected from the battery or severe harness/component damage will occur.
  6. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    It would be nice to validate a procedure/technique like that for the Huskys.........maybe a dealer tech would know.

There has been a lot of discussion on several forums about doing the Power Up procedure and if the ECU reverted back to OEM mapping when the 02 sensor was reinstalled and reconnected with the resistor removed on the 610s.
    Some riders never returned to the higher MPGs they got before doing the PU mode and therefore they theorized the ECU was still in some form of PU mode after the restore.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha