Return to Manunggal Mountain on a 2T.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    As stated in the previous thread, this ride really taxes my 250 4t bikes... Plus today it was wet... Been raining here a week or more off and on so I was expecting to find anything out there to go along with the landslides. I've only saw a couple of slides where a large slab of the mountain side was included so these smaller ones are not too threatening .. It is a little strange to see so much sand and loamy type dirt up there with few rocks and stones.

This 1st VID is the most interesting ... This newly graded road AND this specific 1\2 mile of new road is driving up the west side of Manunggal mountain and will connect to the top ridge line that has a road that connects to the trans-central hiway ... This in turn will open up new transportation lines for the center of the island. Yrs late but better than never.

This section with all the landslides sort of overrides dirtbiking for me and gets over into ADV type stuff ... Sort of like in GPNF at the higher elevations when trail were narrow and the slopes were steep... Dangerous everywhere and just getting back out OK takes over the riding.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImnLVlYDys

I was talking to the dozer driver and he said he had been this work his entire life ... He would ram the dozer into the side of the mountain as far as possible then backout quickly and then watch the dirt cave in where he had just pushed...

--

Here's the end of the grading of the old road and the beginning of the new road up Manunggal to the right. There is single track (in all that brush) that goes on from here also and will connect to the top of the ridgeline... Steep and not easy and I did attempt it once because there are plenty of locals to help ... Did not make it out to the road and had a couple bad experiences ... Not sure if I wanna try again or not.
    100_0012_result.JPG

This is back a couple hundred yrds from the point where the grading stopped. The mud was sticky but not too bad ... New tires are needed but not too slippery either
    100_0013_result.JPG
    This nation is littered with small over-head cover as the one being built here on the right ...Nothing to really stop a person from driving up and camping overnight.

-

Balamban in the distance under those storm clouds ...
    100_0014_result.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle: