1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Revamping wre125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by George234, Nov 5, 2012.

1. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    Hey guys,
    Forum looks great glad i found it. Anyhow i bought a 99 model wre125 a few months ago and it was abit worse for wear! but anywayz ive been spending some time and showing the bike some attention to get it back on the road. Upto now ive replaced:

wiring loop
    rear indictators
    rear light
    battery
    rear tyre
    all new cables for electrics speedo loom etc
    speedo cable

Next on the list is:

plastics
    carb
    exaust system

But the problem im having is when i bought the the speedo and the bracket had been removed from the bike, but im trying to restore it to how it was but im confused to how to fit the bracket back to the bike as it doesnt seem to fit anywhere. At first thought, i thought it may attach onto the handlebars bracket at top of the forks but it doesnt the bracket is too wide to fit onto that. Next i thought mebbies it attached directly to the forks but once agen doesnt fit. So im quite bamboozled to where it goes as technically the bikes illegal as it doesnt have a speedo fitted to it but its been off the road since i bought it but i intend to use it on the road. Al im after is a 99/00 handlebar picture of either a sm or wre so i can figure out either what im missing or where this bracket fits too. I can take pictures of the parts if needs be to give you guys a better idea to what my problem is

Thanks in advance

George
  2. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    Oh and another thing, its missing the kick start arm/lever. Im wondering can i use any arm to replace the missing one like is it a generic universal fit for huskys?
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Kick start is a husky only part im pretty sure
    And is the speedo bracket as this one?

$(KGrHqNHJCUFB)+gu)FgBQjpSlDnUg~~60_12.jpg
  4. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    i will take a picture of my 2000 wre tomorrow if that helps?
  5. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    very similar, i'll take a pic tomorrow before work but thats openned a new avenue. under the handlebars bracket. its a very similar shape.
    if yuu dont mind cooper be much appreciated bud thanks
  6. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    here are a few pic's of the crown of my forks and the speedo next to it, its quite bizzare to where it goes...

Attached Files:

7. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Thats off a later bike with the rubber mounted bars as per the pic I posted and will not fit your top clamps unless you somehow modify it to fit
  8. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    Thanks for he info jonny, i worked out that its off a later model and that my wre is actually registed as a 2000 on logbook but is infact a 98 wre as the model didnt change for 99 and my bike must have been made 99 but registered early 2000. Btw if anyone is after any service manuals for he 98 sm/wre 99 cr/wr or 0 wre/cr/wr i have all of them in pdf format. Im gojn to get new parts ordered sometime this week and restore this beauty to its former glory + better bhp
  9. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    ok so its been a while since ive posted in this thread and decided as this is a project in the works and im adding more and more each week al take some pic of my progress n mebbies a video or 2 once shes up and running
  10. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    well ive been reading about de restricting this bike, well similar bikes and i kinda hit a brick wall. So i decided to start pulling bits off the bike. Ive stripped it down trying to look at whether the power valve is working correctly so i followed the cable from the throttle down into a small compartment on the side of the bike and into the carb. So i pulled the side panel off to check the action and it seems fine as its pulling all the way back. Tbh i should pull the can off to check the power valve actions see if they are fully openning up but with work i gotta do few things as a time as i dont want it in bits then forget what goes where but mainly im just lookin for some advice how to re adjust the valve properly rather than messing it up. Im going to order a new carb and exaust system in a few weeks as its coming up christmas so my project will be put on hold for abit but im trying to sort what i can now. Ive attached a few pictures to give anyone who can give some advice on this an insight to what the bike has

Attached Files:

11. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I will be the first to admit I know sweet f a about the wre but I do know that AINT a powervalve its a auto lube system
    Carb looks tiny but even a larger carb wont help to much if the ignition system isnt configured to run at higher revs ect
    Some UK model bikes are as you know restricked to 12hp for learner riders/ teenagers with a death wish ect (just like I had lol )
    Hope one of them that has survived into maturity can help you more.
  12. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
    Hey George, to derestrict the WRE you need to do things with the exhaust (remove internal restriction and aux valve) or more simply swap it out for an aftermarket third party or approved system - and you need to rejet and fit the derstricted slider .. cost of jet parts and slider max £100, save yourself 20% and get them from an official Husky parts dealer in the UK before December 15th!

In agree with Johnny, though there is a theory that with a new carb you could even fit the 144 kit from a WR and go premix, changing the carb commits you to a lot more changes for little more real benefit - but you may consider vforce reeds?

Look here http://www.husqvarnafactory.nl/pdf/19xx/1998_WSM_WRE-SM_125.pdf
  13. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    get a 2nd hand WR/CR engine and carb i would say
    for sure there will be some electrical cable challenges but power wise it will be a big difference

Robert-jan
  14. reghusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE125
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, RGV250,RMX250,SV650, Husky 50
    hello mate, i have a few two strokes one of them being a WRE. I've been working on this a while and so far have changed exhaust and carb (for a TMX38). This yielded 23BHp on a dyno. After this I've worked out the port timing is different than the WR/CR (If you look down the barrel the piston comes above the inlet ports),flywheel is heavier and ignition timing is different. My aim is to build a near 30BHP WRE with autolube. original carb and deristriction kit is not worth the money, exhaust makes a nice difference but any more than that requires quite a lot of work.
  15. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    your sure about the port timing? as the parts manual from 2002 version the cylinder has the same order nr for all the 125 models

Robert-Jan
  16. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    Now jonny i wasnt saying that was the power valve im just saying i tarced the throttle cables, ive always had cr's n rm's n ave a kx250 now so im not use to seeing that thats all. I just neally won a tmx38 on fleabay then but missed out by a quid ffs. With it being an older gen of husky ive got to be careful with what i buy coz from what i read its only really 02 onwards everything backwards compatible. Theres another member selling a wr engine but will i have to mod the mounting lugs on the frame? Also whats better suited carb wise the keihin or the mikuni? I think the exaust system will fit fine from what i see it looks generic across all models, btw thanks for the advice guys ive got experience with bikes but not with huskys or road bikes for that matter. Just want to give this bike abit more response as its restricted and sluggish

Also for the ignition theres another thread on here about using certain ktm ignition parts with cr parts so ive been sourcing those parts to mebbies see if i can get it to work on my bike
  17. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I have a couple of 38s here that you are more than welcome purchace at a real fair price if you think one will fit correctly
  18. George234 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125 1999 spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250
    so its been a while since i updated this thread, been busy over christmas with work so im back to normal now. heres what ive got done;
    ive rebuilt the back fender from parts ive obtained off newer bikes. problem was getting hold of a new rear fender was a major issue so i decided to buy in parts from newer models and but it custom. I also got the carb fitted. Took some work to get it running fun but works like a charm now. Ive stripped it down agen hence why its in pieces to sort a new throttle cable a the other was a split for carb/auto lube but seen as its premix now ive got rid of the old cable but bumped into another problem of the end fitting for the new throttle cable dont fit so thats going to need to be modded. The new exaust system is sat here in my garage but guna get it bashed on once ive got half a day to do so. Will update once its fitted

Attached Files:

cooper likes this.