1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Revloc clutch on a wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by windsurf, Mar 10, 2011.

1. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been toying with the idea of an auto clutch, maybe the Rekluse but the price and the fact you cant bump start the bike is putting me off. Has anyone tried the Revloc? I believe you can still bump start if necessary and they are around $375, considerably cheaper than the Rekluse.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Talk to Kelly @ Motosportz. He has quite a bit of knowledge on them.
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just put a Revloc Dyna Ring in my KX KDX hybrid bike. It's a very nice piece of kit, and the customer service from Alan was great. This was a newly-developed application (for the 1989-1994 KDX 200 E-series motor), and I was one of the first recipients. There was a slight problem with the wrong steel plates being sent out the first time, but I got on the phone with Alan, and he set everything right.

Here's what I love about the Revloc.

1. Simplicity of design. There's no sending your clutch basket off for modification. You just disassemble the clutch, replace the plates with the supplied plates and the Dyna Ring, adjust your cable tension, and you're in business.

2. You can still bump start the bike if needed. You will need to do some adjusting of the clutch cable to get the clutch to lock up, but it's not too difficult to do.

3. Low price. I seem to buy bikes with very few autoclutch choices. For my CR125, the only choice available at the time was the EFM, which cost $650, and I had to send the clutch basket out for mods. EFM was the only choice for my KDX as well, but Alan stepped up to the plate and developed an application for my outdated KDX motor.

4. Clutch override. With the Dyna Ring, the clutch still feels very much like stock. It's not exactly like stock, but it's pretty close.

For the price, I think the Revloc Dyna Ring is a very good alternative for us Lefthand Lazies.
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, what he said. [IMG]
  5. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I,ve got a dyna ring in my 09 WR250 and its great . The bike was new when I put it in and was a little hard to set the stall gap ( new clutch ) plates , but revloc guys where great to help me and sent me a KTM firction plate slightly thinner then Husky plate and made all the difference , as stock clutch plates aged I,ve have removed KTM plate and now works great . There might be some slight slipage 4th or 5th gear under full power but had to tell , I like,em[IMG] .
  6. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

DOes anyone know where I can find a dyna ring for my WR 250?!? I'm DYING to get my hands on one of these things, but cant find one now that Revloc is moving away from business. PLEASE help
  7. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I wouldn't bother with Revloc as they are closed down now, from what i heard was they got sued by Rekluse and Rekluse won.
    Rekluse make the same thing as a Dyna ring though
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Check out Slavens Racing he is still selling and supporting the Dyna Ring. I talked to Rekluse and the new EXP is in the future for the WR 250/300
  9. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I got a dyna ring in good shape I ,m taking out , I,ve had no issues at all with it . I,m removing it to try a recluse pro clutch . If any one wants it make offer , still have box and instructions , it,s in a non-raced 09 wr 250 I,m easy on the bike .
  10. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Slavens has no stock, I already tried. I've called Hall's, Bill's, etc.
  11. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    REKLUSE still has the Z-start Pro, or you can wait untill they come out with the new exp. I had the pro on my yz 450 it was fun.
  12. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    I have a Revloc on my 04 RM250, it is an awesome woods weapon. Does anyone know if the clutchs similar enough between the Suzuki and a 2010 WR300, I would love to swap it out.
  13. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Look in the classifieds there is a DynaRing for sale for 200.00
  14. MARK WOOLARD Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a question - my 07 WR250 is great except when I have to restart in the woods. I almost have to have it in neutral for it to kick over easily and start. I'm losing a lot of time in the woods trying to find neutral to kick it over! Will an autoclutch make for easier starting in this situation?
  15. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    An
    An auto clutch will help you not stall the motor if it is jetted correctly and, maybe start easier since the auto clutch goes to a nuetral state if stopped.
  16. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    I can't remember stalling my RM250 with the Dynaring in the last harescramble. Maybe once? It works awesome. 2nd in the hole shot too. I'm usually in the middle of the pack. I fell over one time trying to get over a large skidder tire, a spotter was there to help. He must of thought my bike was in neutral cause the rear tire wasn't turning. When he picked the bike up he gave it some gas and the bike lauched on him then he really whisky throttled it (the revloc hooks up really well) It scared the crap out of him and the spectators on the side lines. I can remember pulling myself up off the ground, hearing the engine rev out and then a young girl scream:eek:, but the engine never stalled.;)
    Starting has never been a problem.
    To bad they don't make one for the WR300