1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Rich bog

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Feb 11, 2014.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    This is just a quick point to watch out for when trying to get your 125s .
    I have had few of these bikes and had no issues with bog recently but I have noticed my bikes have run well with leaner pilot settings .
    When I first tried the 09 model CR I t had a bog down log and a rich blubber up high. It seemed to run cleaner when I lean out the needle setting .
    Going to the 144 fixed issues with bogging and to me I think it was because it sucked more air due to displacement increase.

So it doesn't seem to be a lean bog I was getting.

On my older 08 165 ( with older carb hence leaner jets) I was running a 17.5 pilot and 370 main and its always runs well but still getting fairly dark plugs. It never felt like it was starved for fuel .
    However I was a bit worried about how lean the settings were and tried a 27.5 pilot and 380 main on the weekend and low and behold instead of being rich it bogged badly a couple of times . Tried letting more air in through air screw and problem fixed . Very happy with how it ran - good power.
    So to me the bog was due to too much fuel at low throttle openings . Ive heard of others experiencing similar situations and saying that they felt that maybe the bikes don't breath as well as they should.
    Some may say this is a load of crap but its been something Ive noticed a lot and think that others may be going the wrong way when they get this bog problem .
    So worth a try - :cheers:
    ray_ray likes this.
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh I tend to agree with ya RD, felt like it was starved of fuel for a split second but think it just took a moment to 'catch up/clear out' some fuel. nothing float related is it? kinda makes me envisage someone treading water trying to take a big breath then there right to go again. bugger it anyway I just got a lectron instead!:p
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet on your fix and there are alot of knowledgeable people here to help out greatly and give out ideas .. But its your bike. Whats right for them and their riding in their area might not be right for someone else. And vise versa...

(~Guarantee you my bikes are not right for most here. But its right enough for me. And the cost has been very low or else I'd buy another brand of bike that does work ~pretty good out of the box.)
  4. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    RD I have noticed mine has a burble just of idle. I have dropped the pilot a few steps which has made it better, but not perfect. It also became a lot more evident when I fitted the 144 kit. One of these days I will finally getting around to fixing it, but for the mean time I can live with it.
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I know it sounds too simple but we sometimes overlook using the air screw to see what that does
    If you need jets I have spares of some sizes
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I am also getting a newer tmx to compare with older flat slide one on this bike
    steadydirt likes this.
  7. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi Rockdancer,
    When I did a lot of reading here sometime ago, "lankydoug" had written it was the first thing to do, get the pilot right, and he suggested that the correct pilot jet was the one that gave best running at รค certain number of turns out with the air screw. I can't remember how many but that was the secret he said to a correctly sized pilot. Then you go on from there to needle. lankydoug did a lot of work around the RM needle as well, posts were around 2010.

I'm still running the 15 in mine and sons but we haven't really ridden bikes much its been tooo bloody hot down here.

Best regards,

:applause: