1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Richer , Leaner - red or blue JD kit WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by johnnyBgood, Jan 31, 2011.

1. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I just re jetted my 09 WR 250 , it,s been running great but lots of spooge . Thougt I would try the red needle in the jd kit my pwk came with , blue needle was installed when bought . Before installation I noticed the red needle is smaller diameter over all then the blue , seems that a fatter needle would be leaner I know the taper is different just seems odd , But that said the bike rips , and alot less spooge , smooth bottom end and even seems to idle better . Current jetting at 800 to 1000ft PWK 170 main , 42 pilot , red JD needle 3rd clip and air screw 1.5 out fuel mix is 40:1 using motul 510 . Plug checkes out good bike run great did some slow single track this weekend no over heating issues just sheer bliss[IMG] , My jetting just seems alot leaner the everyone else. Just looking some feed back , Thanks
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I also run the red needle, and i even use it in 1st clip pos. in the summer (20-25C). Runs very good in the woods with that pos. 175 main and 40 pilot. On the ice now i use the EEL needle in 3rd clip, 182 main and 45 pilot, 2,5 turns out and racehead, Leo Vince silencer.Very nice!