1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Ride report on my 08 CR 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Jun 14, 2009.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey guys I took my 08 CR 125 out for it's first real test yesterday at Lake Gasking MX Park in NC. To cut to the chase and sum it up I love this bike and it's so easy to ride it's like cheating. The handling, turning, jumping, gearbox, clutch, brakes, screaming power, and very light weight make the bike a complete blast to ride. I didn't touch the suspension settings or jetting as they feel pretty good stock. I may go with the 52 rear sprocket for a little more snap just to see what that feels like. One of my friends has an older CR 250 Honda. I let him ride my Husky. He went around the track giving me the finger shouting you ain't getting this back. He fell in love with the bike and wouldn't stop talking about how great the bike is. He took my CR and raced my other friend who rides a 06 KX 450F a lap around the big MX track. Well it was funny as heck with the little Husky taking the win by well over 200 yards. My son and I almost rolled down the hill laughing as we watched them go at it. Steve the guy on the KX couldn't beleive it he said "I just couldn't catch him he just kept pulling away"! Well I won't use anymore space but to say thank you guy's for talking me into giving the little bike a chance.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good news. If you like to do a mix of riding that includes MX, you couldn't go wrong with the CR. Now get your buddy to buy one so they can clear the warehouse out for the '10 models!:thumbsup:
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Awesome! I'm in a terrible tizzy right now trying to decide if I should go after another CR 125 '08 or '09. Every time I ride Cody's '09 CR, I can't believe how light and throwable it is. I can't remember ever riding a better handling bike in the woods. But then I get back on the WR 300 and experience that tractor-like low end pull and effortless "2nd-gear-no-clutch-lugging" and I'm back on the big bore bandwagon. Reports like yours are like throwing gasoline on my fire!!! MUST RESIST :thumbsup::cheers:
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 08 CR125s are sold out from Husq NA. Whatever dealers have on their floor is what is left.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Get one krieg I have the 09 TXC 510 tractor myself and still love the little CR. krieg when you get a minute please PM on your WR 300 I may want one of those to.
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    John01:thumbsup:

Good report, Glad that little puppy rips for you.

Kinda nice having the full spectrum of bikes.

And....:thinking: A 2010 WR300 would just make it even sweeter.:D
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Some way I am going to get a 300 or 250. I just started reading up on them. Anybody want to give me a quick report on how they feel?
  8. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

'08 cr

I am hard pressed to get rid of this bike,for H.S. it really suits me,bulletproof,light,nimble,ez maint.,and can go 2+hrs on a tank of fuel.Rode 125's in the late 90's and had pretty much everything in between.Scores high on my list for the singletrack:thumbsup:
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You know I just joined a club that has 100 acres and a single track that runs all around the property and haven't had my CR on it yet. I may have to give it a go. Oh I know what you mean I won't be getting rid of my 125 it to much fun!