Riding ~almost every Sunday - Guba, Cebu City, Cebu

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Nov 19, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Here's a little dirt bike action from Guba, Cebu, the hub of dirtbike riding in central Cebu; just a small mountain province belonging to Cebu City. On most Sundays, multiple riders will show up here from ~11am to ~1pm for grub. Pick the group that rides the trails and difficulty level you wanna ride and head out with that group of riders.

I'm looking for Sarge today ...A rider I've known since I arrived here. Sarge is ~67 and about the oldest rider on Cebu and he'll be with a easier riding group. Our trails are still good, we just go slower and rest more ....Just like old guys do :)

No Sarge here yet so I head out with Julius and an immediate-riding group. Meaning harder trails and faster pace. If you watch the video, after heading-out from Guba, you see me make a U-turn and head back. That's Sarge I'm following back to town. This is the ~slower group of riders.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xzOMuWymF0

--
    This MCX bike is out there somewhere... I've put other threads out here talking about China bikes and they are here for sure, and on the trails...but not so much with these true trail riders. That bike is one of the few 250cc off-road bike I've seen sold here. Looks a little tall for these guys but its a big deal really and could, could sale here if it holds up well on the trails and put a dent in the Japan company bike sales. But someone has gotta ride it and show all the other riders it will not break in half like the other China made bikes.

If in the future this bike is around on the same trail as my Husky, I'll see if that MCX bike has got any juice.

100_1935.JPG 100_1937.JPG 100_1938.JPG
    Centerline likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here we are heading back out with our group through Guba Proper. Not alot to see there but its a point on the map you need if a dirt bike rider here in central Cebu.

Not sure what happened on that first downhill but the bike just was bouncing a little strange and it just went off the road. Yep, that trail is not flat and that line I was forced over into is not smooth. I had moved the rebound clickers (rear) on this bike ...Maybe I went the wrong direction and the rear suspension was packing? I'm ok with the CMP stuff but the rebound stuff is for the someone that knows something ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUgHzErWtc
    Centerline likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    A few pics from along the way ..

100_1954.JPG
    That's the rekluse enabled bike... Hardly ever use it for any of this riding except as a comfy device when stopping and starting sometimes ... Might have to start a thread on the long-term adjustments of this device.
    -
    That creek had a super-slick rock bottom and it was very easy to slide out if you hit the throttle too quickly heading up the other side. Its pretty cool then you make that left and head up that mountain spur ...
    100_1957.JPG

These guys are 125 lovers for sure ...
    100_1949.JPG

Lots of places like this crossing across the valleys ...
    100_1948.JPG
    bigjon and Centerline like this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle: