Riding some of the low ceiling of Cebu

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Apr 25, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This was sort of an interesting ride out to the center of the island and a loop around a few different ridge lines ...

Roads were pretty smooth overall after I left the river at the start, as they must have been graded a few months prior and we have not had enough rain here yet to wash them back out ... ~6 months from now and things should be different up there..

First part of this trip is up a large valley with a river in its flat bottom... Not surprised to see so many people as a river can provide for people in more than a few ways ... I was hoping the water was gonna be a little shallower ... Not an ADV guy here and water is one thing that has stopped by bikes before so you can see I'm very careful at the crossings ... Water is pretty clear and I can see the bottom usually and this made it easy to pick the lowest water line across.

Only a couple pics ... My camera locked just as I was leaving ...

Here's my voyager attached to the bars with their small sized mount... works ok for me but provides little security ... I was hoping to log some gps data on the river and maybe a little more when this started.
    101_0552.JPG

--
    Riding downstream ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83_3n42Mjec
    dteml and Norman Foley like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This crossing was a sticking point ... It has one spot way out in the middle that was about too deep for me to try ... Then this local guy came along and showed me the way ...

Many of the guys and kids along the way had those fish guns and goggles ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhklFkQir8M
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    As the roads are now, this is a pretty good dual sport ride, maybe 60 miles? ... Any size bike could make it over this route probably ... As far as dirt bikes, many of the corners had a small berm pushed up from the last grading ... hanging on that outside line would not be too dangerous as long as that berm is ridable ..

I really did not know where I was at most of this ride and was listening to the locals on which way to go at the intersections ... It was not till I saw that big rock on the left side just after the climb was started that I knew where I was at ... I was glad to know where I was at again :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFMx4ODy6Es
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here is the area of the island I was riding at ... No altitude data but I'd guess I was ~2600 ft or so at the high points...
    MT_Loop.jpg
  7. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    Thanks for sharing ray ray that riding all looks really neat and technical with the rocks. Glad the ox finally let you cross the river.

Jim
    ray_ray likes this.