1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Righteous Stunt Metal Easy Pull Clutch with Rekluse Review

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chums, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    I have nothing to do with this place and gain no benefit from this so take it for what its worth....

So I bought an RSC easy pull clutch lever to help combat the ridiculously heavy pull on my WR300 with the Rekluse 2.0. I like to use the clutch now and then but don't like to stall the bike so that's how I ended up in this situation.

I wasn't sure what size to get since RSC does offer three sizes but I followed the advice of the web site and went with the XL size, which they claim is close to the factory size, because I wanted as much leverage as I could get! I also ordered the "Dirt Bike Adapter" which they say you need if you want to reuse your quick adjuster, which I did. I ordered on a Thursday afternoon and had it on Monday so shipping was good.

The Clutch lever next to the stock lever see Photo1

The original lever and quick adjuster came out fine, I had lengthened the cable as much as I could. Looking back I would have just taken out the clutch springs to make life easy. I noticed in my case the dirt bike adapter center hole wasnt deep enough for the quick adjuster to sit in and still be able to adjust to an acceptable level so I took a 5/16 bit and drill the hole out a little deeper just to where the adapter steps down to go into the perch leaving enough meat so it wouldn't snap during a crash (Not like that would ever happen). You could just use the included manual cable adjuster and skip all this if you want, but i didn't.

The direction I drilled into the adapter see Photo2

As you can see the lever looks nice and fits well. I was flying solo this day so had to rig up a contraption to take tension of the cable so I could thread everything back together, thats why I said I would have just taken out the clutch springs but I was feeling my inner MacGyver coming out. Dont laugh to hard. See Photo3

I tested everything and was close on my settings for the Rekluse right off the bat. So the lever reduced the pull by I'd say 35-40% with the rekluse in and is very smooth! I'd say the pull is well within my realm of an acceptable pull probably a strong 1 finger or 2 finger pull not a 3 or 4, It's not 125 light but WAY better!

Last Photo shows the final product with the stock cover on.

Attached Files:

2premo, rockdancer and Motosportz like this.
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Nice job. Good option.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks for taking the time to post this. Is there room on the WR300 to lengthen the actuating arm that comes out of the case? Might be more leverage available. Old school trick we used to do back in the day that worked well.
  4. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I have found that just rerouting the cable and keeping it lubed works just fine for me.I run the recluse 2.0 also and use 2 fingers at the most.I use the clutch like normal also,more of an anti stall devise for me.I do have strong hands though.I'm a mechanic. How much total did this setup cost? good write up though.
  5. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    Thanks, yeah the clutch arm can be extended and I have an idea rolling around and am meeting with my machinist after Thanksgiving to discuss cost. Will definitely follow up if it works out!

This set up was right around $100 which isn't cheap for sure but moose and I think msr make a $50 version made from cast stuff with tons of lever slop. I felt this billet setup was far stronger and smoother. Just my 2 pennies.
    Glenn haynes likes this.