RPMs are slow to idle down when riding

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ontherks, Mar 13, 2011.

1. ontherks Husqvarna
    B Class

New owner here.
    I have a 08 TE510, still has the Lamba sensor.

Seems to run fine, but if I let off the throttle the rpms with stay around 3400-3000 and slowly go back down to around 2000.
    It does not happen all the time from what I can tell. Only ridden the bike twice.
    Going into a turn or down a hill I have to use the clutch or its like I'm still on the gas.

Any ideas? I checked for vacuum leaks and did not find any.

Thanks
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Check throttle cables for binding, check butterfly for full return to closed position.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I would take it to a dealer and have it connected to an iBeat. It could be you have something like a bad temp sensor.
  4. cobb92 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I posted this same problem in the general forum but was told to check the EFI forum out. I just finished breaking in my Husky with over 500 miles on it. I never had an idle problem before. After powering up my bike, I rode it 3 to 4 miles around my house with no issue other then a slightly higher idle (1900-2000 rmp). After riding a 60+ mile street loop into the mountains, I noticed on the way back after pulling the clutch in the idle would stay constant at around 3000 to 3200 rpm's and slowly drop down to 2000 rms. I checked the push-pull cables and the vacuum. In the mean time, I adjusted the idle by turning it 2 1/2 turns C.C to get her down to 1800 rms. Will this harm the bike in any way? Is IBeat the answer? Please help.
  5. ontherks Husqvarna
    B Class

I have solved my high idel problem. I was talking with George at Up-Tite. The problem got worse after doing the power up kit. I checked the throtal cables and was going to loosen them a bit. But George said to turn the idel down. When its warm I belive he told me I could go to 1600. Turned it down and its been great since.
  6. cobb92 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for sharing. George told me to loosen the push pull cables, but they were okay. I adjusted the idle and so far I have not experienced any problem since riding her to work this morin. I will keep riding her with this adjustment and hope for the best. I just hope I don't foul a plug or harm the motor. It seems weird that this didn't happen suddenly, but over a 60 mile ride. Was the computer going crazy?
  7. ontherks Husqvarna
    B Class

I have 900 miles on mine now, 200 after adjusting the idle screw and its been running great.
  8. cobb92 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for your valuable information ontherks. I made the idle adjustment and was worried because George never mentioned it to me. Knowing that George instructed you to do it makes me feel better plus I was given the same advice on C.H in a different post. It has been three days since making the adjustment and so far I have not experienced the high rpm's when clutching the bike. I hope I have the same success you are having. Once I buy an exhaust pipe, I will take her in for an IBeat adjustment.[IMG]