Rumor! Motocross Action picked up new 2010 TC250 at Glen Helen today!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Aug 27, 2009.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rumor has it that Motocross Action picked up a brand new 2010 Husqvarna TC250 today at Glen Helen.

just a rumor. :D
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Noice! :thumbsup: Too bad it'll take two issues to show up in print :thumbsdown:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'll have something for you way before that. :thumbsup:
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Well THAT would be MUCH noicer! :thumbsup: I wanna know how they start. And IF they start after a dump. If they can start without super-human effort in MX conditions... I'll have one in the arsenal before Obama can say "Tax Increase" <again>.
  5. racermx66 Husqvarna
    A Class

MXA seems to be giving Huskys more print than they had in the past.
  6. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/ME2...0&tier=3&nid=ADBD45705F6F422FBC1DDF98C3EF8E6E

And yet more positive press and NO it's not from Cycle News!

THIS WEEK AT DIRT BIKE

Ron Lawson

[IMG]

While SoCal burned and filled the air thick, black smoke we were once again testing like crazy. The most important arrival of the week was a pair of 2010 Husqvarnas. It's interesting how Husqvarna's place in the hierarchy has changed in the last year. Not long ago, Husky was an obscure off-main-street brand with a historic name. Now the company is a player. It all changed when BMW bought the company and broke ground on a new factory in Varese, Italy. One of the factors that made Husqvarna interesting to the Germans was rumored to be a new, super compact 250 four-stroke motor. We got to preview that machine in the Canary Islands about six month ago. Now we have the production TC250 in the Dirt Bike shop along with it’s off-road brother, the TXC250.

The motor is amazingly compact. Even the off-road version, which has fuel injection and electric start, is much smaller than anything else in the class. It’s about the same size as a Honda CRF150 motor. We haven’t put it on a scale yet, but Scot Harden bet me that it will be lighter than a Japanese 250F. I’m skeptical, because Husky’s 450 is almost 20 pounds heaver than a Japanese 450. But on the other hand, the Honda CRF250 did gain weight for 2010. Last year it was 214 pounds without fuel. The new fuel-injected version just weighed in at 220. That’s a common theme with fuel injection. The Honda, 450, Kawasaki 450 and especially the Suzuki 450 all gained weight with fuel injection. I’ll report the actual weight of the new Husky 250 as soon as I get it on the fabulously accurate Dirt Bike Scale.

We only have a few days of riding on the bike so far. In the time since Adam rode the pre-production version in the Canary Islands, a few things have changed. The fork is now a KYB instead of a Marzocchi. At the time, Adam liked the bike for the most part, but didn’t think it was especially fast. That assessment still seems to be true. It’s still competitive, though. I raced it at REM’s Saturday motocross at Glen Helen and was third in the old-guy expert class. In a medium-sized field of 450s, I got decent starts in both motos. The REM track has a very short run to the first turn, and the Husky launched off the concrete pad well. The TC has a fancy titanium exhaust system that is fixed at 94 dB. The off-road version has a cheaper and more quiet exhaust. But when the spark arrestor is removed, the TXC pipe is very free-flowing (loud). I swapped pipes and discovered the TC picked up some decent top end. Part of that is because the stock TC is a little too lean. Scot raised the needle two positions with good results.

As far as the TXC goes, I have less time on it. It seems to be nearly as fast as the TC, but the powerband is more linear and hit-less. Frankly, I was tempted to race it instead of the TC because it has electric starting and the TC is sometimes cranky. The fuel-injected off-road bike already had the factory power-up parts installed. This is just a short list of items required to make the bike EPA happy. The bike is delivered with a catalytic converter in the pipe, a throttle stop and an O2 sensor in the head pipe. You take all that stuff off and plug a jumper into the wire harness, and you have the “competition” configuration.

Unfortunately, there aren’t many TXCs in the country right now, so we are required to hand the bike over to Ty Davis within two weeks. We plan on riding the wheels off it in that time.

[IMG]

The new Husky 250 motocrosser has the tinyest motor in the class. The MX version has a carb, but the off-road TXC and dual-sport TE have EFI

[IMG]

The off-road Husky TXC is almost as fast as the motocrosser. Aside from EFI, it also has an electric starter.

[IMG]

Pete Murray makes dirt fly off the Husky's Pirellis
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Kinda lame with no real info. :excuseme:
  8. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I see a kickstand in that picture of the TXC.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    after giving the 250 another live look, I am kinda shaky on the position of the external oil line, it seems very exposed to the trail crap (tree/bush branches, rocks etc). Someone else?
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hooray!

It is amazing how many guys wont buy a TXC because it doesnt have a kickstand.
  11. dick falcon Husqvarna
    C Class

wow one of the first things i do on a new bike is take off the kickstand.lol
  12. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I take them off as well unless they have a good strap to hold them up. I want to know if they have for sure the closed chamber KYB's.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    all the 04 and and up have one. If you rip it off you crashed HARD. It would be MUCH EZer to rip off a front brake line.

Your bike...

[IMG]
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Same frame and kick stand as my 09 WR125, stand works perfect, never falls down. It is a very nice design.

I have heard they do have the T/C KYB's. Will know in a week or so for sure.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    It justs seems to be more forward and sticks out more than the other series motors (like 04-10 450-510 etc),,,not puttin out neg vibes just being over attentive to detail. especially with this machine and the pure eye candy appeal of it, just being overly observant.
  16. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm curious about the weight of the TXC.
  17. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The brochure on my desk seems to match the pdf in your link. I was told those were preliminary and would be re-done to correct a few things. I don't have any idea what the status is on that they may possibly think the brochure is close enough, dunno.

Anyway... what I'm reading in the brochure is this, at least in the specifications, other numbers may be in the other sections but I cannot find them:
    Dry weight:
    213.8 Lbs. TC250
    229.3 Lbs. TXC250
    233.7 Lbs. TE250
  19. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the information guys :thumbsup: