1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc running on napalm, oops

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ty w, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ty w Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 wr 240-250
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha IT 200 , yamaha TY 250
    dont do this at home
    dont use soapy water to clean gas tank
    i tried it
    wat happened was that werever a drop of gas was when cleaning inside the tank, the drops combined with the soap and made like gel and stuck to the inside of the tank. then once cleaned and refilled with gas the gel drops changed with new fuel, into string like slime and the red oil in my fuel diiapeared too. fuel was pink and next day was yellow with slime string
    i didnt realise it until i went to start it and watched the pink fuel in the line go into the carb then being replenished by yellow fuel with sediment slime that went right through the paper fuel filter, plugging the idle and choke jets. for a many kicks it wouldnt start until i took off the carb breather tube and blocked the carb opening with my hand. the ultimate choke. full crankcase pressure / vacum and two more kicks and it started. so i continued to rev it abit then hand choke to pull the crap through the carb. it continued to run well for that ride, but on next restart i had to do the same trick. it then ran well too, but i hope the slime gets out next fill up. so ill onoly fill it a third full so it sloshes around more and burns out sooner.
    my friend told me that when you mix soap and gas makes napalm. not a safe thing to do