Ryan Hughes breaks his back...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I guess this happened on the 12th but read Ryan broke his back in two places. He will be OK but was quoted as saying he might never ride again. Doubtful but sad. Anyone know more?
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Motosportz, That's basically it in a nutshell,
    he and his wife are wide open on twitter and FB with details.
    Like Reed and other top tier moto athletes, if it was someone in lesser condition, things would have been alot worse.
    I hope Ryno can tone down his comp-moto head and focus on his training head, Tomac for one is one of his students and that speaks volumes about his training regimen.
    Ryno will be back strong.
    Get well soon Ryno (PS he was walking the halls in his brace the day after back repair surgery)
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    yikes!!! GWS man..:(
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    From Jen's FB page

"Well it's almost been a week since Ryan's accident. As most of you know, he suffered a horrific crash last Wed which he was temporarily paralyzed from the neck down upon impact. He regained feeling and movement, only to have paralyzation happen again from the chest down that same evening as a hematoma enlarged on his spine. He had two surgeries; one to relieve the pressure on his spine and the second the next day to place rods and screws from T2-T7 in his back. Happy to say both surgeries went beautifully and he is expected to recover fully. They already have him up cruising the halls, but needless to say-it's going to be a very long road for Ryan. He's got an amazing will and is the strongest person I know, so I am not worried-he's going to be back and he'll be stronger than ever :) He's done with riding MX, but he will continue to teach and give back to the sport he loves most. Thank you to everyone for your heart-felt well-wishes, your prayers and the strength you have sent to our family. We are so blessed in so many ways!"
    bigjon likes this.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    ryno's bomb-proof with a great heart i like his chances for recovery. class act. god speed ryno!
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Probably does not hurt being it top physical condition as well. :thumbsup:
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Oh my. Best wishes to Ryno he's a bulldog and tough as nails. An excruciatingly painfull injury. It's a common reaction to say you're done with MX but I wouldn't be surprised to see his heart change as he recovers. It becomes who you are and defines you as a person he may feel lost or be miserable with out riding. I bet he at least starts playriding MX again. Of course the Wifey will probably have issue with that!

GET WELL FAST RYNO!!:thumbsup:
    jmetteer likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ryno Hughes, update unofficial.
    Hung out with Ryan McCarthy who is the marketing power behind Ryan H's RynoPower Supplements packages. I was at the office for refills. Ryno is recovering well, in parts due to family and friends support, a type AAA personality and amazing fitness level. Nothing but good news, that's a great thing in this climate of negativity!! Go Ryno!!!
    PS I joined the RynoPower Gym (online program)
    http://rynopowergym.com/
    MotoMarc36 and Motosportz like this.