S button missing

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mysery1, May 4, 2024.

1. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    20240504_103850.jpg
    As you can see by the pic I'm missing the S button cover. The switch still works. I'm looking for ideas on how to cover it and protect it from dirt and moisture while retaining it's functionality.
  2. Daniel bam Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    No
    I used the 10mm solid it was a perfect fit I'm thinking maybe later on I will open the gauge up and use some silicone or polyurethane on the inside to give it an extra seal

Attached Files:

3. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada

Nice
    Johnn likes this.
  4. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    I found this plug for an 11 mm hole on Amazon. The diameter is perfect but it's too long so I shortened it. The button (switch) functions as it should. I'm going to add something to the inside of the plug so it's closer to the switch actuator, white part.
    20240509_162447.jpg 20240509_155123.jpg 20240509_160638.jpg
    Johnn and Daniel bam like this.
  5. Bluff Boitjie Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Mine also broke and the white plastic insert was lost on a ride. I cut a piece of insulation/electrical tape and closed off the hole. I used a match stick to reset the trip counter every time for about a year before I made a plan. I must say that simple tape worked great for a year with no water ingress what so ever. Daniel bam's idea is a good one if you still have the white plastic inner that makes contact with the switch. I looked around my workshop to see what I could use to make a custom button and came up with a pretty good plan. I found a rubber pipe that fitted perfectly into the hole then I cut the pipe lenth equal to the base of the button. I super glued that into place. I used a white bit of plastic from a clutch pencil and filed it down to fit tightly inside the rubber pipe. I then used a plastic Multimeter cable lead protector as the housing for the white piece. It slots in nice and snug and when pushing the button I just need to pull it back slightly as there is no spring in place to automate that. I suppose one could simply add a spring but with the vibration and off roading, I think it would eventually eject the button completely.
    S button tape.jpg
    S button.jpg S button2.jpg
    Daniel bam likes this.