1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Sachs rear shock static sag? 2013 wr 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dan s, Feb 17, 2013.

1. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    I was wondering what static sag should be set at or what is working good for you with the sachs shock? I have been really fighting my bike in high speed turns and just trying to figure things out with it thanks.
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I run 25mm and 105mm race
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The rear has 305mm of travel. You want 33mm static sag (+-2mm) and 104mm rider sag. Front forks have 300mm travel. Static sag of 42mm and rider sag of 75mm.
  4. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    Thanks for the replies. My static sag is good but then my rider sag is like 4 3/8. Going to order a new spring and hopefully get it worked out.
  5. nonamerider Husqvarna
    AA Class

sachs shocks like more static sag evan into the low 40's.riders sag 108mm
  6. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I can tell you what works for me. right or wrong (probably wrong) I am 200lbs in skivvys. I first put on a 5.8 spring and the sag #'s came in about right. I set at 105 in street clothes. Then at 100 and I always fought with loosing the front end. So I jumped up to a 6.2 and WOW what a difference in handling. I had the shock serviced and with the 6.2 it works pretty well, but I still am having a problem with it bottoming in the g-outs. It goes through the whoops and jumps fine just the g-out bottom severely (low speed all the way in and the rebound 3 clicks out) I know it is has a lot to do with where I ride which, mostly fast two track. So my next step is Zip-Ty. Anyway, that's my story.
    bigriver likes this.