Satellite Tower ride -- Lusaran, Cebu

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First, why channel 13? There is a TV tower on top of a hill we ride by ... Channel 13 TV tower ...

Next, you notice a few things off on my bike ... Tank shrouds... I've got new plastic and wanna try to find the thread inserts to fix my stripped out tank holes before using glue as a fix ..

Next, the front brake rotor is missing ... I drug my feet ordering a new one but should have one shortly ...

Next, no kick starter ... drug my feet ordering that one also but should be here soon ...

Still got road gearing also --- 14\51 sprockets ... I need to go back to a 13T front out here in this stuff ... Most of the hill climbing is in 2nd gear ... I just drag the clutch along and the bike pulls most places ...

And for what ever reason, my bike was not idling well today ... It does this from time to time and I never really do anything and it fixes itself .... I'm thinking very hot weather is tossing off the jetting or the gas is bad ...

I'm riding with 2 local friends today ... Julius (in red stripes) and Joseph ... Both are riding their 125 4T small bikes ... Julius bike is hopped up and moves well for a bike its size and has some added ground clearance for the trails ... More on Josephs bike later ...

The Husky ...

100_7013.JPG

Channel 13 tower on hilltop, just off-center in the pic ...we come down the small path seen in the center of that first grassy spot you see coming out of the wood line and drive by that white trunk tree on the left, on that ridge line...
    100_7009.JPG

A working contourRoam helmet cam arrived ... I do not have it all figured out yet so I'm hoping to get better sound out of it in the future ...

We're quite a few miles from the tower and here are a few videos of the ride over ... Its pretty typical riding stuff here... We're running in some valleys and up across some ridges ... Fields and lower attitude stuff ... Not too difficult really but I have not been on trails this narrow lately so I was struggling just a little but pretty good for me ... But it was all dry and that made the riding a lot easier ...

We start out in the Guba area :)

2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More riding to the tower ....

Finishing off that hill climb here ... It's hard to see but, there is about a 1' step-up in the right-side line where I crashed it ... The hill is ~pretty steep already and with the step-up added, I got caught sitting back too much and when the front end lifted, I was in no position to ride it and and just clutched it too much and lost too much forward speed and fell over ... :( I was really happy with the way my 75% worn-out IRC VE-33 hooked up finishing off that climb from a dead start ...

I'll add the last couple videos of crossing by the tower after they get uploaded
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Few more videos ... You'll notice I kill the engine alot .. This is to help keep the engine from over heating, save gas ESP on downhills, and sometimes the trail is just too steep for me to maneuver ... Even if I had a front brake, some places are just to steep for me to ride down ...

This is the ride up the back side of the tower hill ....

We pass the tower in this one ..
  4. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    very cool...how out of place are dirt bikers there? do locals just shrug thier shoulders or are they fairly common? Seems like a killer place and limitless to ride.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    We're not so much out of place, as just not alot of us ... Most of the bikes here are the small ones you see carrying people around and they are out on the trails some ... But seeing us hauling it across open lands is free entertainment .. They like seeing us get hung up and battle across a creek or some rocky gnarly spot or some uphill ... Sometimes the farmers are a little leary of us but we are very careful not to hit their crops and we pay them something if we do any damage ... We cut across 1 corn field in the video but there was a path there already ... So no real damage caused by us ...

Its pretty unlimited here ... You can ride almost anywhere you can see on the videos ... Its just hill climb after hill climb here ... Creek crossing after creek crossing here ...