1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Scalvini - 2004 CR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dukepilot, May 7, 2013.

1. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    This pipe is a beautiful piece of metal art! Comparing it to the stock pipe, it looks like this...

Top view
    [IMG]

Side view
    [IMG]

On the bike
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I would estimate that the Scalvini has about 20% more volume compared to stock. No ride report yet, suspension is being revalved by Dave J at Smart Performance. Right now this bike has a stock 125 top end. Going big bore later with the WB165.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Very clean bike ! Looks new. . Older Cr with Lectron and Scalvini Very Nice:thumbsup: I bet thats going to be fun to ride
  3. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yep that little dog otta hunt ?
    sabortooth likes this.
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Impressive.
    The stinger looks a little long. What silencer do you have planned?
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    scalvini makes one is that the new 04 leftover from Bills
  6. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Thanks guys. The bike is new, been in storage in my garage for years due to injury and other life priorities. I've got the Scalvini muffler which has a very short inlet pipe. Got the bike from Moore and Sons in Santa Cruz back in 2005, broke my shoulder while riding a Honda a week after picking up the 125.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Wow - you are a very patient man
    brand new ! almost a shame to ride it
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Look forward to your ride report.
  9. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Muffler test fit. No matter how I manipulated the pipe, the mounts on the pipe won't work with the stock rubber mounting blocks and the front mount touches the water pump hose. I need a longer rubber mount for the front and a shorter one for the rear. Looks like I'm going to have to make some rubber mounts. Searching through the McMaster-Carr website...

[IMG]
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man zip-tie that thing I need to read your ride report :D!
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Wow nice bike!
    I have some short and long mounts, but I don't remember where I got them. Maybe FMF?
  12. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Xcuvator, what do your mounts look like? I think I found a pipe mounting solution using some 1" diameter rubber vibration dampers from McMaster-Carr and a couple of simple home made brackets. Unfortunately, I won't be able to ride it till I get my suspension back. When I do ride it, I'll do a back to back comparison with the stock pipe.
    john01 likes this.
  13. robj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX/KDX200 hybrid
    It's going to be a flyer with that pipe! Lovely bike, can't wait to see it all set up. :thumbsup:
  14. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    I just received mine! Looks great!
    It's going on a ported 07 WR144 with a PVL ignition that rips already.
    It will be interesting tom see how this works out.
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:popcorn: look forward to your review.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As you know I run a 04 CR125 with 165 kit and Lectron but a KTM 200 Doma pipe. Motor is perfect for me and my needs, I just love it. Those 04's are solid mounts. I have never liked the 45mm zoke forks but I just recently made mine some of the nicest forks i have ever ridden. A while back I put some gold valves in them and made a huge difference and took the harsh spike out of them. Were good forks, very acceptable. But for me with .42's in them way undersprung and divy. I ended up putting some fancy special designed .42-.50 over 9 inch progressive fork springs and OMG these forks are fantastic now. Stay up in the travel and soak everything up and glides over rocks and trail trash so good but still does not get out of control and floppy like it did with the .42's. I am VERY happy with this setup.

Enjoy that bike. I would love to have a stash of 04 CR125's.
    dukepilot and sabortooth like this.
  17. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Motosportz, your 04 is nice! I should have bought 2 of them when I had the chance.

I'm fighting off the temptation to send you my spare 09 125 top end for a WB165 kit. Suspension work is the priority right now. After I get some time on the bike I'll be calling you up!

I have several bikes with the Marz 45's and these forks are barely acceptable. I'm having my fork and shock redone by Dave J/Smart Performance in Los Gatos with the idea of making them work as best as possible without spending a ton of money. This 125 will be used for old guy MX and Hare Scrambles.
  18. Minidad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 tc250
    I would love to give a ride report for a 2008 cr125 with the Scalvini pipe BUT I have had three of them in the last 6 weeks shipped to me and none of them will fit. Head pipe will not go past the frame unless the tail end ( stinger ) is on the out side of the sub frame. With stinger on the inside where in belongs pipe hits cylinder, shock and side case bolts, with all of that hitting it will not let the head pipe past the frame.
    After three of them I am about to give up and go with the FMF fatty.
  19. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It sounds like a PITA but can you rotate the subframe up, install the pipe, swing it in and reattach the sub?
  20. Minidad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 tc250
    Tried removing shock but no help only way it will fit is if the stinger is on the out side of the frame when you do that it angles the head pipe around the frame. Even with it in these position pipe still hits cylinder and power valve housing.