Screw You Mother Nature!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jtemple, Mar 26, 2011.

1. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    34 degrees and snowing outside. I decided to go take the new Tourmaster suit for a test spin:

[IMG]

Tourmaster Transition Series 2 Jacket

Tourmaster Caliber Pants

Icon Pursuit Gloves

I came home covered in slush from head to toe. Inside, I was completely dry. The only thing that got cold on me were my toes and the tips of my fingers.

Short of heated gloves or grips, I'm not sure what else I can do with my hands. I was wearing Icon Pursuit gloves (waterproof & insulated) with fleece glove liners.

My boots are cheap Fly MX boots. There's no insulation in them, and I was not wearing any insulated socks.
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Ya, that Mother Nature can be a cranky lass. Glad you got out anyway. It's Saturday, I finally have a day off, and it is (and has been) pouring down rain outside. :( So, I guess I'll play indoors today... the weather's got me motivated to finish the heated grips on the TE. If you haven't used heated grips you're missing out. I have them on a couple dirt-only bikes and they have revolutionized my winter riding. It's one of those "why didn't I do this a long time ago" things. If you don't know this already, may I recommend...

Get one of the brands that has actual left side and right side heating elements, as from Dual Star, and use their insulating heat shrink tubing under the clutch side pad. Other brands, and installations done without the insulation, tend to end up with a hot right grip and a cool left (left side heat gets absorbed by the bars, while right side heat is insulated from the bars via the throttle tube). Another good thing about the Dual Stars... they don't rely on an external resistor (that gets hot enough to melt nearby wiring!!) for the low-heat setting. Instead, it's built into the actual heating element.
    XLEnduroMan likes this.