Scrube Pine enduro

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Last Lap, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

Anyone going to the scrub pine enduro? I'm on line 50. Hope to see more Husky's this year.
  2. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ill be there entered AA class row 26 ripping the WR144 !!!
    im ready for the butt whipping from the ECEA crew!!!
  3. Kyle Rehatchek Husqvarna
    C Class

Ill be there on row 29
  4. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm heading out there today to go threw tech. Make sure you have all the correct paperwork and your lights are working. You guys have good starting spots. How do you like the WR144? Good luck!

Jeff
  5. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow epic conditions for the race!! pretty sure they got about 6" of rain on saturday,and it was pouring sunday morning which then started hailing(yes hailing!!)with thunder and lightning,all before 9am! great way to start the ride. five turns into the ride bikes where stuck everywhere you had to bushwack to avoid getting stuck for at least a mile or so,im sure alot of guys bailed right there,made it through no problem,having seen this type of terrain in maine two years ago with the mud and ruts,the guys from ohio on my row loved the race,must be the same type of weather they get alot? they lost a section early in the day which results in a 49 minute reset!!!
    once we got going again it got alot tighter than i have the skill to ride fast and backed it down to finish the section,got gas and took off for the second half,got through the next section fine,second section after gas,I got caught up in a rut or smacked a root and bent the shifter on my bike right back into the footpeg,it was in thrid so I was ok,but the shifter was pushing the peg up,and kept upshifting the bike,so I had to stop to try to bend it back off the peg,lost some time in there but got it bent out of the footpeg,but had to upshift with my heel,which was ok as thats how i shift my harley anyway,but it was sooo close to the peg my foot kept downshifting,rode out the section and at the reset I had to try to bend it back a little more:banghead:now its lying on the ground!!! I asked Drew Smith for a pair of pliers(I forgot to give them back! sorry Drew,ill bring them to sandy lane and make sure you get them!!)to at least get it into gear,and decided since there were alot of cart roads fourth gear would be the choice,rode out the last three sections in fourth lugging the 144,there were some tight area I tried to just keep the bike moving,I dont think I ever had it come on the pipe in the last sections,my bike sounded like a PW50,bwahhh bwahh,made it to the end and crawled back to the start,loaded up and we headed for home. riding down in the tight trees and sand really shows me just how much practice I need in these area,my bike is just too soft for what i call motocross conditions,lots of whoops and sand,NO ROCKS or roots anywhere!!

saw lots of husky bikes, Drew and Ben Smith were on the row behind me they were both FLYING!!!

see you all at the Sandy Lane this weekend!
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

"What-ah are-a you doing to my-ah baby!"
    Ran in 4th though......the little 144 that could
  7. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did try it in third joe,but going down the cart road I quickly discoverd I was losing time and would have probably sent the piston through the cylinder,fourth was much better,until it got tight...
    I wasnt even going to race the 144,as im building up a nice gasser 250 for a practice bike,but im waiting for stuff:banghead:,so the 144 was called into duty and ran phenomenal!!! light weight and plenty of rip!! Im glad my new bike isnt ready yet,would have been pissed to race it in those conditions!!
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Amelia Earhart is delivering the latest load of TXC 250s and Jimmy Hoffa willl be taking them thru customs........
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nasty rain is right dudes......
    Normally all sand to absorb rain but I guess there is a saturation point for even sand.
    [IMG]

Unkown Husky
    [IMG]

Kyle R

[IMG]

Ben Smith (left), Some "afraid to get feet wet" orange guy, and Drew Smith (blue hand guards) giving a motivating "right arm flex" before entering braveley on a WR 125

[IMG]

Drew Smith a bit closer

[IMG]

Kevin Willis on the WR 144 ( I only know as I recognize the Airoh helmet!!!)

[IMG]
  10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ben passed me in every section and was flying on the new te 250,I saw kyle at one of the last resets,he was having some problems with his bike,had to kick it a few times to get it running,im sure he will post up about his race.
    yup i was pretty dry till I hit that puddle,was a bit deeper than I thought,oh BTW I did get my new bike joe,got it last friday and have only greased up the linkage and bearings,its got 6 miles on it,havent had a chance to break in the motor or suspension and havent ridden it off road yet,maybe this week if it ever stops raining.
    2010 TE250,as i couldnt wait for the TXCs
  11. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great job to everyone who braved the wet weather! I see several Husky's up there in the results as well! Great pictures too - Thanks Joe.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    great post guys crazy night and day diff than out here...