1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st seat bolt ?? stuck?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motosapiens, Mar 4, 2010.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

it looks like a simple dzus, darned if i can get it to turn at all. is there a secret? i'm trying to be forceful, but not too forceful.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sometimes, I think they get some corrosion on them and it makes it hard to turn them. I use a big screwdriver shaft stuck through the D ring on my bike for leverage. I use Bel Ray 6in1 on it and try to keep it lubed and clean if possible....but it seems to be hard to turn most of the time, and always harder to get loose than to tighten down.:excuseme:
  3. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

it was just new, and i was being wimpy. i did have to use a screwdriver stuck through the D-ring for more leverage. It goes in easily if you put it in without the seat on, so i assume as it packs down it'll get easier.
  4. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sometimes it will want to twist the fabric of the seat too. I squirted a bit of WD40 on it when I first got my bike to stop it from twisting and eventually ripping the seat.

JS
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    pushing down helps, too.
  6. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    +1 on that...

You'll also notice junk gets in there too. By the end of the force ride I had to use a screw driver to get the seat off...:doh:
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

it is convienient, but make sure it is tight or u'll loose your seat on the Turnpike on the way to your next race!

Don't ask how I know.
  8. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

What 'Dirtdame' said. :thumbsup: Screwdriver gently. Some are like this from new... hey ho, they soon bed in.
  9. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Take the little plastic washer off on the underside of the seat, that helps tremendously. Never had a problem with it being tight though.