1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Seat cover going up at seams.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Nordman, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    Hi all.
    I have a small problem, and im wondering if i can fix it before it getts big.
    The seam on the one side on the seatcover is starting to give in, its not much at the moment.
    So im wondering, is there a way to fix the seam before it getts to the point that it looks nasty and i have to buy a new seatcover.
    Its maybe 1-2cm small gab on the side, so its not bad at the moment. But i know it will gett worse and worse if i dont do anything about it.

Tnx for help.
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Release the cover from the back/bottom side and hand sew it before it gets worse, if you can get to it. I am a former western saddle maker and have industrial sewing machines for both upholstery and a heavy leather stitching unit. You don't want to have to pay to get a new one made, or have it machine sewn then that's what I would do. Try to reuse the old machine sewn holes and not poke new ones. A piece of similar size nylon thread of the same color if possible and use a needle on each end of the length of thread and go back in forth through the holes similar to lacing a pair of shoes but running the thread each way through each hole. Simplest way.
    Nordman likes this.
  3. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    Ok. tnx.
    :)
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles: