Second installment of "Norcal Singletrack on a 610"

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    This was taken last weekend at Georgetown only this time the upper east side trails were
    open and I've got company. My nephew, Robert (DRZ400), and I met a couple TT guys up
    there, both riding KTM 300's, and rode with them for a while and did some trail clearing of
    fallen trees etc.... My nephew, who's 16 btw, is a pretty good rider. We had a great time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWhZ6DuKDYY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lZWQmQ3eHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIaN6PU9dE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJqMOUh0V8
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Cool! I've forgotten how nice GT can be! Looks like you got some good conditions, too [IMG]
    !
  3. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    Nice videos.

It's always nice watching a 610 workin the woods.
    You've got smooth throttle control.......which is tough on the 610.

2nd gear is a hoot isn't it?..........torque and speed.
    What gearing and tire were you running?

Those trails remind me of my beloved mountains here in NW NCarolina.........
  4. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for watching. Yeah, woods trails are pretty much all I ride most of the time. Love it. Stock gearing on the 610 was
    a little tall so I changed the c/s to a 14 and that was perfect. Could still do 98 mph on road (which was rare) but as you said
    it made second the only gear needed on tight s/t. Although that vid is a couple years old, I can tell you with some degree of certainty
    that my rear knobbie at that time was probably a Moto Z IT Enduro (pre-dot). Front I think was a D952 or something. I always used
    the non-DOT tires on that bike and took it easy when on slab.
    I used to ride a KLX650 on those same trails for over ten years prior to getting my 610 and I would correspond with a fellow KLX650 owner
    from Boone or Booneville ?? NCarolina and he would send me pics of his riding adventures in the Appalachians. Beautiful country for sure.
    Anyway, I've had my 511 for going on two years now and I think back and wonder how the hell I ever even made it through some of
    those trails on those big ol' tanks. I do miss that killer wide ratio tranny on the 610, though.
    Here's a view of one the exact same trails but aboard the 511.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBcRTwiVCRE
  5. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    Thanks for responding.

Yeh, that's the 610 trail and it looks like a portion of it is what you rat raced with the pumpkin eater boys on a couple videos ago. Ha. You guys were rippin pretty well that day.

Your pace in the early portion on the 511 here was almost slower than the 610 day but when we're solo out there that's the way to do it.........and it's great enjoying the ride solo without trying to win a trophy like many group rides get in to. Like you, I wrestled a DR650 around, at age 69, on trails that I rode my previous XT225 on and the Husky is such a performance pleasure compared to those two............almost turns me into a hooligan. Ha.

I am also thinking about an additional 449/511 so my brother can ride with me. One can never have too many bikes.

I only got 2 hrs on my newly acquired 08 in December before putting it away in the mountain garage and escaping to the FL panhandle for the winter so I'm looking forward to doing all the fix-its on the 610 including the 14T and new tires when we get back home next week.
    In the meantime, I'm living with the videos. Thanks.
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey BarberPole sounds like you've got the right idea. Florida for the winter, NC for summer. Good observation on the vids, when I ride alone
    I tend to lollygag along having fun but not in any hurry. When I hook up with other riders like those KTM guys (who were way faster than me but were
    all riding 250f's and 300 2strokes) it's hard to keep up. Those guys were pretty cool, though. I didn't know them but they would stop and wait for me as
    if I was part of their group.
    So, are you anywhere near Boone, N.C. ?
  7. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    I'm at 4740' near the top of Seven Devils old ski resort.........where it's blowin and snowing.... 10 miles West of Boone.