1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Serious issues starting new 2012 WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BloodyShirt, Apr 17, 2012.

1. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    Bike came setup from the Dealership.. I've owned a brand new yz125 and have never had an issue kick starting it.. I'm guessing there's a break in period and it'll get better potentially but i'm having a hell of a time on my first day out. It's dripping a lot of fuel while trying to start and I'm not giving it any gas at all.. Seems like If i don't get it on the first or second kick which is pretty rare it floods itself and is near impossible to kick over afterwards.. only way i've got it started was by bump starting it with someone pushing me along and even then the motor is not happy about trying to get rid of all the excess fuel..

At idle on the kick stand it drips fuel every few seconds as well.. I'm thinking the carb is letting in way too much gas but i'm unsure.. anyone have a manual I can dig into that would explain carb tuning and adjustments and possibly resolve my issue?

perhaps i just suck at kick starting?
  2. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Set the float level or check to be sure the viton overflow pin is not dirty. These scooters take a bit of TLC at first, hang in there they are wonderful woods bikes. Some are known to have too high of a float level and it is easily cured.
  3. Darrendeep6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R 1200 GS
    Hang in there, I known its frustrating. My WR was a pain in the butt to kick, especially when hot. I had to crack the throttle to get it to start. Set the float height, verify the jets in there and set the needle height. My 300 starts on the second kick cold and on the first kick hot. I'm running standard jetting according to the service manual. Nothing special.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, crack the throttle every so slightly and it does wonders.
  5. Darrendeep6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R 1200 GS
    Yes it worked well. Now I don't have to. It starts hot with a closed throttle, first kick.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    1. Set float level
    2. Jet according to conditions
    3. Ride it like it's rented

There is quite a lot of good info on the 2 stroke jetting and jetting chat threads.
    ohmygewd and Dirtdame like this.
  7. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    BEEN THERE WITH A NEW WR 300 !Throw that Mikuni in the garbage and get a JD Jetting Keihin PWK carb !!! like 250.00
    Lincolnlock likes this.
  8. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    Thats pretty much the trick.. Started cold second kick.. rode it around a bit shut it down.. cracked throttle on kick and it fired right up.. thanks!