1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Shock rebound damping adjuster

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Crocus Paper, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Crocus Paper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 300 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
    2011 WR 250. Standard rear shock. The shock rebound (lower) adjuster is hidden behind the linkage, surly I don't have to remove the link to make a simple adjustment, or am I missing something here? My manual shows a diagram of a skinny link with the adjuster in full view, not here it aint.
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    What if you compress the suspension, or put it on a stand so the rear tire is off the ground. Is the adjustment available then?
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    have yer buddy sit on the bike a bit and you can sneak a blade in there...or use a strap to compress the rear a scoche....ida sure-a LOVE to slappa the guido thatta thougta dees a one-a! someone really brain farted on that design..wallybean needs to make me a steel link on his magic machine with a hole for a blade in it! im working on a washer ground down to a D sorta thingy then tacked to a blade so i can snake it up in there....stand by!
  4. Crocus Paper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nope, the nearest I can get to it is with the bike up on a stand, but still not enough to get to it. When sitting on the bike or compressing the suspension it makes it even more difficult to get to.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    well thats odd...if i compress it a lil i can get to it with a small bladed driver. what a PIA...im tempted to dril a hole in the link. ifit was steel i would. im pinging wally, see if hell make up some customer links. stand by!
  6. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    same here,lean on bike over seat and insert screwdriver,it is a PIA until you get a feel for it.
  7. Crocus Paper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey you were all correct, I just needed someone heavier to sit on it...sorted.
  8. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Option is;
    Next time you service the rear shock or link, measure it up and drill a 1/8" hole in the side of the linkage wishbone/dogbone, in the correct spot and you will be able to make the adjustment without help on the bike stand. Helps to record your settings for future ref.
  9. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

I thought about that but got skeered :eek: it would break at the most inconvenient moment.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeh me too i looked long n hard at that one was like hmmm looks doable and well if i dont get it spot on centered and just the right size and this n that O SNAP and die...so i had my neighbor put his plumper pit bull on the seat and grabbed a dinky blade all better. screw gets kinda girfed but what ya gona do. mr. rocky liked sitting on the husky too. had the flu so i aint made trail tool yet stand by...
  11. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I just run a tie down from the grab handle to the sprocket and give it a pull until I can see it.
    steadydirt likes this.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yup- strap works a treat fer all kinad stuff. but i aint gona argue with a 100# pit that wants to see the view from the cockpit of my 300! lol.
    wait4me likes this.