1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc shop repair manual for engine overhaul. pics of oil out of exhaust.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by eric125, Aug 31, 2012.

1. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    IMG_9174.JPG IMG_9178.JPG IMG_9180.JPG IMG_9177.JPG started the bike up (02 husky wr125) and its spitting oil out of the exhaust still after i checked jetting .. what could it be? any repair shop manuals out there and not the basic husky owners manual that shows you how to adjust the headlights. something a repair shop would have. what could my problem be based off the pictures? i bought the bike used in 03 rode it probably 5 hours and replaced the top end from a dealer and probably riden it 10 hours after that. since 04. just want to get it running right but it doesnt seem to go my way...if i have to replace seals in the engine case i need to have a repair shop manual. but if anyone has any thoughts im runnning 33:1 right now on preimum grade fuel (93) and i live in MASS and i have a 400 main jet 35 pilot and i raised my clip on the groove to 2 to make it a little leaner i did try a 390 main 30 pilot but results were the same with oil....also after i rode it i did ride it like a 2 stroke hard on the gas high revs and it started to bog at a low speed until i pop the clutch and get it past the first 1/8 and i know thats the pilot jet is the first 1/8. but any suggestions highly accepted
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Chances are the silencer packing is saturated with oil and the exhaust pressure is pushing it out the end. Clean and repack the silencer first and then work on getting the jetting sorted or there will always be spooge running out the end.
    jmetteer likes this.
  3. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    But what if it is coming out of the exhaust port by the cylinder and getting spray on the frame. Along with the joint near the air box. If the transmission fluid that I put into my clutch cover screw lubes the gears. And also the piston going up an down an if the rings on te piston are to bad then oil could get through and be making it smokey and also spooge right. ?
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Not sure what you are trying to explain here....the transmission is separate from the crankcase, so the only way transmission oil could get into the crank is if the primary case main seal were bad. Otherwise, the only oil that gets into the crankcase is from your two stroke premix fuel. The ring(s) of a two stroke engine are only there to provide compression, as the premixed fuel charge comes up through the transfer ports in the walls of the cylinder to the top end of the cylinder, so oil will always be getting to the top end.
    jmetteer and eric125 like this.
  5. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    And only way to check this seal is by removing the whole clutch set up basket
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The clutch is usually on the end of the input shaft of the transmission, the main seal is behind the the primary gear on the end of the crankshaft. The clutch basket has to be removed to get the primary gear off, as it extends past the top of the edge of the gear teeth on the primary gear. One thing for sure is that gear oil is a lot smokier and smellier than your two stroke oil. If your exhaust smoke doesn't smell any different than usual, it's not so likely that it's the main seal. Other causes of poor running could be a bad set of reeds that aren't closing properly.
  7. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    IMG_9185.JPG IMG_9184.JPG IMG_9186.JPG IMG_9186.JPG IMG_9186.JPG IMG_9182.JPG IMG_9181.JPG IMG_9183.JPG

i removed the cylinder head. and measured the gap of the ring inside the sleeve it was .330 and it wasnt tough to get it to fit .356 was like forcing it in the gap.. i read somewhere that if the gap is bigger then 0.018-0.025 of inches it was to big well .330=0.0129921 and .356=0.01401575.. so i think my gap is fine on the ring. and in the pictures my crank and the crank shaft just have a small light fluid im assuming from the oil in the gas nothing he. avy like what i put into my clutch fill plug..
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    The black oil spooge that you are seeing is normal to me. You need to replace the exhaust header oring to prevent the spray/leakage at the exhaust spigot. The exhaust pipe to silencer union seal needs to be replaced since your swing arm is getting oil on it. I am using a KTM union seal which fits much tighter. If using the Husky OEM seal, then make sure it is fresh and not eroded or stretched out. Adding some zip-ties near both ends of the union seal can help too. Then, as PC mentioned, make sure your silencer packing is fresh and not saturated with oil. All of this will give you a fresh baseline to assess the true amount of oil (spooge) making it's way out the silencer end.

My bike runs cleanly with the jetting I have and I get some trail of spooge running down the silencer. To me, it indicates that I'm a bit rich but safe. When I do not see spooge, then I'm paranoid that I'm running too lean.
  9. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Understood but my bike has a cloud smoke behind it and I have a new coupling where the pipes join together as well. And I am jetted as well. I removed the cylinder to see if I had a lot of oil In my crank but it's just residue from the gas/oil. So I don't think I have a bad seal
  10. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    Cloud of smoke. It is a 2 smoker.
  11. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Haha true. But this look ten times worse then cheech and chongs van
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  12. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    So you got a mosquito fogger. At least the bugs will stay away. :)
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    If it's really white smoke, it could be coolant.
  14. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    You have not mentioned what oil you are useing as this will play a big part in making a smog trail
    As mentioned above make sure packing is fresh and not sodden
    And again as mentioned it is normal to get a bit of spooge, less if your wfo everywhere
    I use Castrol Power 1 fully syn mixed as 32.1 and have virtually no smoke at all and just a damp patch around the tail pipe end cap after a 4 hour ride of mixed riding
    As a side note dont put that bloody silicon around your mateing surfaces its not needed, I have in the past rebuilt many 4 strokes that have gone pop due to the exess silicon sealer blocking the oil strainers and have seen many smokers with mysterious plug failures / missfires caused by the poxy stuff
    Looking at the pic of your spark plug there is water present !!! where did this come from ??????