1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Short Throw Throttle for WR125?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by speedkills, Jul 24, 2009.

1. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I just talked to Sam at G2 and learned that G2 does not make a short throw throttle cam for two strokes, they are four stroke only. Does anyone know where I can find a short throw throttle for my 2009 WR125?

I know there are a handful of companies making different throttle tubes (Pro-Grip, Pro-Taper, Motion-Pro, lots of other names hyphenated with "Pro" in them) but don't have any experience with them.

-Shane
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I looked a while ago and could not find anything. I heard the ktm 105 has a 1/8 throttle but I don't know if it is true.
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

My buddy with a 2008 KTM 200 XCW got a throttle cam setup from the KTM hard parts catalog. He wanted a 4-stroke, progressive profile. The setup came with a stock profile, and two other profiles, but I don't think it came with anything MORE aggressive than the stock profile--just less aggressive.
  4. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Yep, that's all I've seen on the adjustable units, less aggressive, you know, in case you can't handle the full power of a 125 :)

Doesn't actually need to be adjustable though, I was just looking at options. So far I'm leaning towards the Motion Pro Vortex throttle assembly, that is supposed to be a short throw throttle.