1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Shrouds Hooking Boots

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by montgob1, Aug 10, 2011.

1. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Guess im getting faster, last night i was getting my foot out so far on a couple turns that the left shroud on my CR125 was getting stuck inside the top of my boot, kinda spooky going up the face of a jump with your foot stuck out there. Good thing i pulled the wood screws out of the shroud/tank mount so i could yank the shroud out to free my foot. Other than taping the top of my boots, any suggestions to keep this from happening.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I have a spot where the heel of my right boot get caught somewhere back around the brake master cylinder. If I lift it back in the opposite direction from where I was going it frees up but for that moment it really freaks me out. I still can't figure out how its happening and it seems to happen less as my boots get worn in.
  3. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

my son gets his boots caught in shrouds all the time, im flirting with the idea of cutting part of shroud off.
  4. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

maybe chopping the point off would help? like and inch or two?
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    The only place my boot get's snagged on the bike is when it's laying on top of it:p
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I am of the opinion that the shroud thing is a valid engineering concept gone wild and turned into a fashion thing. Maybe some manufacturer will change direction on this someday and remove or reduce the silly things.
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Those shrouds have saved my radiators plenty of times!!!
  8. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Same thing happens to me. I've been thinking of cutting mine too but I bet it's not going to look great afterwords. Doesn't tend to happen on trails which is where I spend almost all of my time so I haven't quite pulled the trigger yet but I would think for moto it could drive some people crazy. I have felt pretty sketch when I'm coming out of a corner and can't get my foot down to dab if I need to because it's caught on my shrouds.