1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Silencer packing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wait4me, Jan 3, 2014.

1. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    You guys and girls that have repacked your silencers, which end burns out first? i took the input end off the stock silencer on my 11 wr300 (approx 100 hours) and I could see that end off the packing and it looked just fine. I didn't look up how to get it a part beforehand :banghead: so I didn't know I was suppose to drill out the rivets. Since the inlet side of the packing looked good I put it back together. Does the exit side burn out first? It just seems a little loud but I don't want to fight that o-ring and drill out the rivets just to find out that everything is still OK
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    mine looked fine at that amount of time too but even though it looks ok it gets oiled & carboned up which reduces its effectiveness im told. wont really burn out like a 4T, maybe blow out if loose packing used but 2T don't get hot enough to burn. perforated core may get crabon up & reduce sound dampening & performance somewhat. they are packed well from the factory with steel wool wrapped around core first then sheet type packing. youll notice a bit of difference sound wise, just dulls it a little:thumbsup:
    shrubitup and wait4me like this.