1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc silencer/pipe

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Travis Thompson, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 yamaha xs750 special
    I pulled my silencer off and there was just some packing with a hole all the way through it with no piece in the middle like ive seen silencers have so Is there silencer that i could maybe custom fit without too much work to my wxe 260? i know a pipe would be almost impossible but didnt know if anyone ever tried. It almost looked like and older honda cr would work if the head would fit on the cylinder. thanks!
  2. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    im also needing a new cdi and i can get one brand new for 50$ from a guy on ebay. The only thing is the one he has is all red and mine is black with some red. The numbers are 9635 stamped on and then there are 3 numbers after that looks like someone carved on like how many were made? i think the one he has was for a 125. Do you think it woukld fit?
  3. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    ordered a cdi from slovakia should be here in the middle of august. Hopefully it works!!
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    What kind of cdi and how much?
  5. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    It looks like an aftermarket one. It was 65$ US brand new and says 2 year guarantee. It said its a replacement for the motoplat and had same numbers as mine.
  6. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Cant beat the price. Hope it works for you. I'm thinking of having a spare ignition for my wr.
  7. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got my cdi in and works great. It came with new plugs that i wired up. Looks really nice and it was only 65$ shipped so i am happy! glad to be back on the bike
    sabortooth likes this.
  8. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just an update...I ended up ordering a FMf turbine core 2 for a 99 kx250...I cut part of it and rewelded it to make it shorter and make the bolts line up...seems to work good. I'm also needing a new exhaust gasket for pipe. I don't think mine is stock cause looks different. I looked it up and I guess there used to be a zip tye racing pipe and it looks like mine. Not sure if they are just prongs or what. Thanks
  9. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Dude, I don't want to be negative or mean, but you've got to help people help you. You basically just said "I need a gasket, I don't think it's stock, it might be some racing pipe from zip ty that no longer exists." That's not enough information to do anything with!

What gasket do you need? The gasket for the head or the pipe/silencer connection? What does it look like? Is it an o-ring or a gasket? How many holes? What size is it? What are the "prongs" you're talking about?

Take a picture!
    454x likes this.
  10. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yah im sorry...was on my phone and in a hurry. where the pipe goes on cylinder. Its never had a gasket on it so dont know what kind it uses. I know some 2 strokes use orings but not sure. My pipe just has a collar that goes over the cylinder. And prongs is a typo sorry. I meant orings.
  11. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    So, you probably need an o-ring, but we need more info to help.

Post up a picture of the pipe so we can see what it looks like.

After that, you'll probably have to take some measurements.

After that, it will probably be easy to recommend an o-ring!
    454x and sabortooth like this.