Simo Kirssi left Husky...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by brock, May 10, 2011.

1. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone know why Simo and Husqvarna have parted company?
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I heard he was mad that he didnt have a real "factory" bike like his Beemer was and didnt think he was getting the support he felt he deserved. He was getting beat by Jason Thomas every week on a not so factory TXC250 so I dont think he was that deserving of the factory ride.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    The guy is no Juha or knighter and has only won in the German Nats, truth is of course he is a good pro level rider but not in the same world class league as many of the WEC guys (he is not even at Fin Nat ISDE team level) and not above top level GNCC guys, like Salminen and Knighter were. The upper level of racing is even more rarified than at the ammie level, remember Watts soundly beat all the GNCC regulars on OEM STOCK KTMs of every size(just for fun) in his winning season.
    If Simo's gripe is lack of gear (if thats true) he should just head back to the German nats where he can win, in Italy no, Spain no, Fin no, in Brit no he will get beaten in any of those nat enduro/XC championships just like here in the US GNCC world. In the WEC Juha is back on top of the world on his "TE"250, oh yea but thats a factory bike.............and Meo on his 310, but thats also a factory bike.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The official news letter

The reigning European Cross Country champion Simo Kirssi and Husqvarna Motorcycles have jointly agreed to part company, effective from 10 May 2011. Simo Kirssi has been competing in the American Grand National Cross Country (GNCC) series for Team Fred Andrews Racing, aboard a Husqvarna.

"We'd like to thank Simo Kirssi for his commitment. Unfortunately we had separate expectations, which didn't quite match," says Martino Bianchi, Husqvarna Motorcycle's Race Co-ordinator. "We've made a mutual decision to part company," adds Kirssi. "I will take a break from motorcycle racing for a couple of months and then start looking into opportunities for next season."
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As glamorous as it might look what a hard living to pursue. Hope he lands on his feet and finds a ride that works for him.

K
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    On a personal note, its not easy moving to any foreign land and taking up roots no matter what anyone says ... Its not like doing a short vacation knowing in 9 days you are flying home ... This would all distract from the bike riding ...
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna calling Fred Hoess to the home office please ........Husqvarna calling Fred Hoess to the home office please......
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sounds good to me! I was always suprised they didn't put Krissi on a TXC449, since he had such success on the 450X. I also thought it wouldn't end well, when Krissi said the GNCC's were tight! All the best to Simo in the future.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    He sort of acts likes he's a rock star and everybody should want his autograph or something. Truth is, most poeple in the U.S. don't even know who he is, so he ended up being upstaged by Thomas. Which I don't think went to well with his ego.
  10. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's too bad. I hope he finds something that works for him in the future.

I too wonder why you don't see any 449s in the enduro or gncc series. They are out here in the west though....
  11. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

this departure does not bother me too much.i think we have enough talent in north america looking for work that we should not have to import any.look what little american beta can do with a small budget and an american rider named chris bach.he has recently been on the podium.he wants to win,not whine!dan
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Oh, I forgot to mention GK coming back to the states with a heroes welcome didn't set to well with him either.
  13. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the replies.
    With regard to the 449 in Enduros MPS rider Jordon Rose got 3rd in E2 at the European opening round in Poland. 2nd on Day 1, 4th on Day 2. Its his first timecard Enduro I think! [IMG]
  14. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ha! I didn't hear him say that but yes, that would be very telling. It doesn't get more open on the east coast than GNCC racing. I hope Husky brings in another Euro racer. Would love to see the brand on the podium on a regular basis. Mandi Mastin is faster this year by leaps and bounds and she credits Husky. Good to see her doing well. Hope she beats Maria again....and again! :)
  15. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, she is much faster than I've ever seen her. Really amazing.