1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Size of Piston WR 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mvfjps, Mar 14, 2013.

1. mvfjps Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 125 / 98
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam R1
    Hello all.

New to the forum must say first of all a great source of info. I recently bought a WR 125 98 non runner, first Husky that I have owned. Taken top end apart and found piston ring broken, piston damaged and slight damage to cylinder lining. First question if some one can help please. Top of piston has markings C00E6 9203 57.96MM is this a standard piston for this model ? The reason I ask is the guy I bough it from said he had it bored out so could be larger than standard piston.

Second question having read a lot on this forum about the WB 165 kit, I see much congrats to WB from all those on the forum that have fitted it, so I am thinking about it. Question is, is it just a matter of refitting the kit once all has been done to head, pot and new size piston ? How do I get hold of a kit ?

If anybody can offer advice or guidance it would be much appreciated.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Contact Kelly at Motosportz who markets the 165 kit for me. You would love it. The kit is a bolt and go option for 98 and later Husky 125's.
    mvfjps likes this.
  3. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Standard is 54mm bore. If you broke a ring seems like the exhaust bridge wasn't relieved enough.
    mvfjps likes this.
  4. mvfjps Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 125 / 98
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam R1
    WB thanks for that.
  5. mvfjps Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 125 / 98
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam R1
    Aviduser. Thanks for your input, I am learning all the time.. I bought the bike as a non runner so don't know how it happened or if the larger piston was put in as it should have been. If the standard piston is 54MM what size will the 57.92MM take it to ? any ideas ? Cheers
  6. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    About 142.28 if my calculation is correct, and assuming the stroke on the '98 was also 54mm.
    mvfjps likes this.
  7. mvfjps Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 125 / 98
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam R1
    Cheers.
    AndrewS likes this.
  8. mvfjps Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 125 / 98
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam R1
    WB. i have just sent a message to Kelly so will wait for a reply then I can expalin fully what I think I need. Many thanks again