1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc sm 125 electric powervalve question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jimf, Apr 24, 2013.

1. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    hi, I have a quick question about the lecky powervalve system,i have never seen or heard of this before,now im putting this bike on a daytime mot(uk) so I only need a horn and back brake light no key just a on/off switch on the airfilter box,do I need the battery for powering the electric powervalve or will the alternator power it through the reg/rec as it still produces 12v I only need power for the stop and tail,horn and powervalve system I will be using a satnav for mph,ta jim
  2. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    I would keep the battery if I were you. not sure if the power valve will work with out a battery. if your in the UK ring a company called freestyle bikes in mark cross in Kent, ask to speak to Simon he should be able to shed some light on the situation. also for a daytime ticket you need a Speedo that works, if you have a sm it should already have Speedo lights ect on it
  3. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    sh$te!! should have said cooper!! I have put on 2005 yzf forks and yokes,when I got the bike it had that cagiva wre 125 forks from marzocchi but 1 leg had been tampered with so I called marzocchi to get parts but they said they nolonger do bikes there consintrating on mountain bike forks from now on ,there was no husky forks on ebay at the time,so I bought the yzf 450 05 they fit just changed the headrace bearings the wheel spindles the same so wheel went right in only prob I have is I need to shave 5mm from the new wavy front disc that's coming easy job though!! ive foned my local garage he said a satnav is fine he even mentioned that I don't even need a brake light!! but ill be sticking a brake light on her,dont want nobody coming up my ar$s!!! yeah I decided yesterday to keep the battery I made a diagram on some old wallpaper im left with 4 wires green/black,,,,,,red,,,,,yellow,,,,,white/red,,, they go into the key ignition,,,,,,,,
  4. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Did you want me to take a look at my wiring? if so let me know what you are after and i'll have a look/ take pics ect
  5. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    Cheers buddie ill let u know just waitin on parts, i need to get inline fuses from maplin and get some new wires
  6. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    No worries fella
  7. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    update,hooked up the wiring,when I turn on ignition at 1 oclock the powervalve does its checks rotates back and forth once!,then turn ignition to 2oclock the rear brake light stays on (park) is that correct?? I keep blowing one fuse that goes to the reg/rec I know the reg/rec is goosed so I need a new one is it a single fase?? looks like it
  8. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    I'm not too sure fella, i know on mine the bike will only run with the ignition on the 1st click, put it on the second and it won't start at all. Ring Simon at freestyle bikes on 01892 782288 he should know
  9. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    IIRC the reg/rec is about £70 from husky
  10. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    theres a reg on flebay for £27 it has the 2 yellow and 1 red 1 black single fase with 20 amp output ill go for that its only for charging the battery.going to bore out to a 165cc is that the 62mm wossner piston ive asked but no reply on here to say yay or nay
  11. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    the sm/wre use a slightly different bottom end internals to a wr/cr my local husky dealer told me the bottom end wouldn't put up with the stresses of a 144/165 kit also they have a different ignition map to the wr/cr, also depending on the year of your sm the head and ports are different too
  12. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    ive read the manual it says to get the full blown cr engine power all u have to do is change a couple of things in the carb,take out throttle spacer(in the spring),change jet needle,and needle jet and up the main to 40 that's what this carb has,the guy bought the carb off a cr its the 38mm mikuni tmx, I thought the engines were the same?
    badbwoi likes this.
  13. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    yea the carbs are different the standard on a wre/sm is a 28mm and the wre/sm have a balancer shaft that the cr/wr don't also the cr/wr have a different cdi to the wre/sm. Most of the restrictions in the wre/sm are in the expansion pipe/carb and cdi
  14. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    View attachment 25910 hhhmmmm strange! I can understand restricting the cdi but why the carb and pipe chamber it abit OTT (over the top) I think your right ill just leave the 165 and just get new nikasil it looks as if though the barrel hasn't been done since 2006 its still got the factory b conrod in it from husky also but the conrod is free just abit rusty in were the small end bearing goes some wet and dry ill fix that here some pics I used hammerite paint as I didn't want to powder coat to keep costs to a minimum (Please don't mind the mess im building a new fence for me mother) CAM00106.jpg CAM00107.jpg CAM00111.jpg
  15. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Looking good fella, i see you have the later style tank on yours. I think allot of it is so its learner legal e.g 17bhp instead of the cr/wr's 38bhp ;)
  16. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    bollox!! that's my question going to put my old 99 ktm 125 on the road that I sold to my mate that's sitting at 38 brake I hope its not 17 brake ill never hear the end of it,,so new fmf etc etc etc lol
  17. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    lol it should be fine putting it on the road as its still a 125, just technically not learner legal, but if its geared for acceleration with say a 13 52 sprocket combo then it'll reduce the top end, but on the flip side the acceleration will be impressive ;)
  18. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    was going for 14, 38 she had 13,40 was wanting more top end for going into the highlands, ill need a 2nd hand petrol tank as the near side has been melted and pointing down and the panels are not a snug fit say 3/4" out money money money that's all this thing has cost me, need her running for summer for sure,to be honest I miss wheelies loadsa wheelies all over the shop lol ive got a full bike licence I just miss 2 strokes easy to work on and loadsa fun
  19. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Lol i know what you mean, i've spent more on mine than i paid for it( but only just) but i didn't pay much for it as a non runner with no t&t. there are a few tanks on the bay, can't beat a nice 2t for wheelies.........mine likes to lift the front without huge handfulls of throttle !!
  20. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    13 40???????? Did it have much acceleration??? seems a very small rear cog, my mates 4t 125 husky has a 48t rear and that has allot less acceleration than mine but will top 80mph