SMR 4t 2012, Bogging on acceleration, loose check valve in float bowl.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Steve whitehead, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Steve whitehead Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 125 4t 2012
    Hi, wonder if someone could help. SMR 125 4t started to bog on acceleration, so decided to clean the Carb (Kelhin CVK 39 CBR). Took of float bowl to find a small check valve and tiny spring and ball bearing loose in the bottom of it. Found where it went, is part of the acceleration pump system and goes in the bottom of the float bowl. The problem i'm having is I don't know which way round the spring and ball bearing goes in. There is no info on diagrams of this Carb showing these check valves.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Most on this site are not familiar with SMR125's (at least that would be my guess, though someone may be able to help).

I am familiar with FCR Keihin carbs, then in the many places in the world they went to EFI.

If it were me I would seek a parts manual for that bike, and I've no idea where you would find that.

Could anyone help?
  3. Steve whitehead Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 125 4t 2012
    Got it sorted thank's. The ball bearing goes into the hole then spring inside valve screw then screw in position. Put a tiny amount of blue thread lock on valve threads to stop it occuring in future.
    It was bogging due to fuel getting through check valve. Now only issue is racing on idle between 1400rpm and 1800rpm.
    Coffee likes this.