1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc SMS 125 Exhaust dripping Oil - O Hek!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Drillbit, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Drillbit Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS-125 2 Stroke
    Just purchased a 2008 SMS 125 for a bit of weekday fun...BUT this is my first experience with a 2 stroke and within 12 hours of getting the bike home, there is...what looks like old oil dripping from the silencer onto the swingarm, this coupled with water (condensation?) making a nice pool under the bike. I have attached a photo...

Can anyone let a dunce like me know what is going on and what can be done to rectify the prob??

Thanks

Andy

Attached Files:

2. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't worry it's only spooge from the exhaust. Caused by rich jetting, have a look in jetting thread for advice on correct settings.
  3. Drillbit Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS-125 2 Stroke
    Many thanks for that....Will have a look today....
  4. EvilMoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the same bike, 2005, what do you think of yours? You enjoying it? Post a pic of your bike.
    I had the same problem, I didn't rejet but I did notice it was worse depending on the weather.I upgraded my spark plug and haven't seen it since then but it is a jetting issue.
  5. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I believe that this means your combustion chamber isn't getting hot enough. Due to this, you are having unburnt oil travel through your exhaust system and exiting the silencer. You need to increase your burn temperature by making it run leaner. Go down of your jet size. Obviously I can't tell you what to change to without knowing how your bike is running. If you go too lean, you could kaboom your whole bike.

Temperature affects air density which also affects how much fuel burns, which is why you also see more or less spooge depending on weather conditions.
  6. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    One more thing. The only danger of running too rich, like you are now, is fouling plugs, and making your bike messy. You will find that as you lean out your carb, you'll also have more power.

Take all this with a grain of salt as I am very new to two strokes as well.
  7. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Spooge is good- means it's not broken!- you just have to ride it harder
  8. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

What exactly do you mean by upgrade your spark plug? if you have simply fitted a hotter plug be very careful as this is a fast way to hole a piston! If yours needs re jetting do it - it isn't hard and will give you the performance, little to no spooge and won't damage your motor.
  9. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    how many Km or miles did the piston run?

Its verry common sign that your bike needs a new top end (if your lucky it might be only the piston rings)

mine WR was doing the same thing and it eats spark plugs in a alarming rate (exspensive when you ride the irridium ones)

changed the piston and even with a jetting not perfect there was no oil spooching out of the exhaust.

after that i did adress the jetting that is with the Mikuni carb a never ending task (verry sensitive to the weather elements)

but i think the SM have a delorto carb set up so that might be more stable.

also the SM has a oil pump driven by a gear from the engine it might that the oil pump is worn and does relies to much oil to the petrol in the mixing process

Robert-Jan
  10. Drillbit Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS-125 2 Stroke
    Many thanks for the responses....Have just got back from my day job in Sadui Arabia..The bike still has the Dellorso carb which appears less work in terms of fine tuning. I live in France where there are many 2 stokes ridden, i dropped into my local garage for a 2nd opinion who agreed with Steadydirt....Ride it harder! They felt that the bike was running fine...Just needed to be ridden more and in fareness since I have been back home and having ridden the bike a bit more, the spooge seems to be getting less...although still pretty horrid. I will let you know how I get on!
  11. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Buy a tail pipe rubber and then at least all the spooge wont drip on the swing arm
    $(KGrHqZ,!nQE8YsZeeeiBPMJV(,07Q~~60_12.jpg
  12. Drillbit Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS-125 2 Stroke
    That sounds interesting...Excuse the numpty questions but where does it fit (assuming on the connection!) and how can I get hold of one? Do you have an Internet/ mailorder supplier that can deliver to France? I am having big difficulty getting Husky bits here as its not a popular brand of bike although admired. Thanks for your help...
  13. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  14. Drillbit Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS-125 2 Stroke
    Many thanks for that....Will try it out!