1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Sms 125 power upgrade

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Borisanu, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Borisanu Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli
    Hello everybody,
    This is my first post, so i apologize if not getting it right.
    I have a 2011 husqy sms 125, 2 stroke, i like this bike and enjoy riding it very much, mostly in the city (Bucharest, Romania), but there are times when i feel that more power is needed.
    To be short, i would really appreciate your advice on how to increase the power, what are the choices i have, the new power values that could be gained and some ideas about the costs. Regarding the parts, here are some shops that provide power upgrades for many bikes, but i could also buy from abroad, as long as they arrive here.
    I think this is it, any other advice would be welcome,
    Kind regards,
    Alex
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    What is your budget?

If you can spend $1900 you have probably all the parts for the max power available out of this engine.

if you are not willing to spend more then $350 then forget looking further as it is not possible to gain something below that price.

Robert-Jan
  3. Borisanu Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli
    Thanks for the answer.
    My budger is about 500$, if i can not get the max power of it, can i at least for this money make some changes? What should i look for?
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    $500 would buy you an full exhaust and some jets for you carb adaptation that is needed.

this would probably gain the most additional power for this money.

Or

$500 would also buy you a lectron carb, and a different reed cage you would need then.

this will result in mixing the oil yourself in the tank (auto lube will be gone) get a way smoother response from the motor, a slight power increase, and a better millage on the fuel consumption.

Robert-Jan