Snapshots from Sunday 06/08/14

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    So....I haven't been up to the San Bernardino mountains since January (when I almost ripped my pinky finger off my right hand on a tree branch), and thought that it was about time to go up and ride there again. I would try some new routes this time around. The way I pick a new route is to look at the area on Google Earth, and follow the route along, noting landmarks and such. Then I memorize that information so that I can use it to guide the way on my ride. I had a pretty nice time, and only took one wrong split for the whole day. But once I realized that I missed my turn, I just kept going, because I knew where I'd end up on that trail too. The weather was pretty warm, and the dirt roads and trails were darn near empty. The only other riders I came across were a couple of guys also riding Husqvarnas.

Most all the roads and trails were wide and easy, giving me lots of opportunities to enjoy the scenery. One interesting sight I saw was a fox, or I am assuming that it was a fox. It was just his color....he had a shiny black top coat and a gold belly. He crossed the trail right in front of me. Sadly, there was no way I could have gotten a camera out and caught a shot of him before he disappeared. I was pleased to see that there was still plenty of small creeks running in the mountains, in spite of the terribly dry year we have had so far. I must have crossed at least eight of them, plus two or three ground seeps.

It was a pretty leisure day with no mishaps, so I am ready to go back and pick another area to explore as soon as I can.:thumbsup:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Nice shots DD. Thank you for the effort.
  3. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    Stunning country you have over there.
    Only ever been to florida on holiday and fort ashby WV when I was younger to my aunts place.

Would really love to do the west coast !
    Looks awesome, no humans ! :D